Sudden Loss of Performance

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rob1178, Jan 24, 2015.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

All running normally

Update: I uninstalled EVERYTHING again, even the gpu drivers and all related rf2 files.

Had a windows startup crash, recovered it and reinstalled everything again.

Seems to have cured the problem, however there is still micro stutters and for some reason the menus and loading screens are 4:3 and on track it reverts to full screen. But odd but ill take it for now.

What a nightmare, now I have to put back the content one by one to see if it was any of those or just my pc having a weekend off

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The menu has a fix. Go to your core or player file (something like that, forgot the specific name) and see the line about widescreen UI = 0 or 1.

I was having microstutters in Bahrain, I had to significantly turn down visual candy.

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Run a decent malware.
    I had something similar and found out it was bitcoin mining virus running a steam.exe process. In that time i raced rf2 at normal fps and suddently it dropped to 15fps.
    Just in case.....

4. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I'll try the malware search, my AV usually picks up those but it's always worth a second opinion.

I'll also check the plr for the menu thing, thank you.

I think the stutters were down to me not doing my housekeeping on the reinstalled drivers, had to change the neg Lod setting in Nv control panel, took off frame rate caps and most importantly stopped it recording replays, a real killer on my pc. Now back up to full speed I think, even got vsync back on and still nice and smooth. I also had like 40gb of content installed, which I have trimmed significantly!!

Thanks all for the advice.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Record replays on your RAM instead of your storage drive, that should solve any replay-recording induced issues. Don't worry, the replays will still get saved to your storage drive once the session ends.