subscription payment from skrill balance not possible

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by yifter, May 6, 2014.

1. yifter

yifter Registered

Hi, i wanted to renew my subscription today using skrill. Theres enough money on my skrill account to pay from the balance, but the launcher (or skrill) wont let me, its always pointing me to a (new) bank account (i have one registered with skrill, launcher will not use it, it says NEW bank-account), or credit card, wich i will not use. Why cant i pay using the balance in skrill?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Jonathon will look at this, I can't answer this one.

3. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

I'm assuming that you are logged in to your Skrill account at this point. If not, there is a link titled "I already have a Skrill account" on Skrill's landing page.

If you are logged in to your Skrill account, then you will have to contact Skrill about this issue.

4. yifter

yifter Registered

Yes, i was logged in, yes enough money in the account, what gives? I paid my initial licence using skrill, no problems?
    Edit:

is there another way to renew the licence? (using my skrill account, no paypal, no credit card)

5. Jonathon LeFaive

If you want to pay with Skrill, then you will have to contact Skrill and ask them why they are not letting you use the bank account you already registered. You are on Skrill's website when paying with Skrill via the launcher, so the problem you are having is on their end.

https://help.skrill.com/pkb_sc_ContactUs

6. yifter

yifter Registered

Hm, i'll have a look. I didnt want to use my bank account, rather money i already have deposited in my skrill account. Thats why im wondering. It wont let me use that money from the launcher. I will give it another try.

7. Jonathon LeFaive

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post. I didn't mean to imply that you had to use your bank account. I was just trying to clarify that the options available to you from within your Skrill account are beyond the launcher's control.

8. yifter

yifter Registered

I also wrote a second question regarding this issue to skrill (today). First one was not answered :(

The options available to me include the payment using money _already_ in my skrill account, i would like to use that option,click that and bang, it asks for credit card and stuff. weird.
    I payed initial for rF2 using skrill no problems. Now, all of a sudden i cant renew my license, for issues beyond me. Also, try to renew a license using the launcher on a GERMAN (W7 Prof 1280x1024) system (Vbox or something). The payment window and options are weirdly arranged. Maybe there is something i dont see because the window is so small?

9. Jonathon LeFaive

I think Skrill is having some issue with the webkit browser that the launcher uses. Go to the link below in a modern desktop browser (chrome, firefox, IE9+) and go through the purchase process without using the launcher.
    https://commerce.rfactor.net/purchase/select

10. yifter

yifter Registered

That worked like a charm!

Edit: I used FF 30.0 in Linux, no problems, thanks for the help Jonathon!

Edit 2:
    RESOLVED, maybe make it sticky ?