Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is something about the US2k tire. Just like you I far prefer it to some of the other new updates. Somebody needs to seriously dig into WHY the US2k tire feels so good. I'd love for that feeling to get spread around to more and more of the S397 content

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I have lesser FFB around center wheel on all cars. Sim is running great, but FFB is really weak around center. rF2 was the only sim that had my arms shaking and i had to hold on to the wheel when going full speed down long straights. Now i can release the wheel and its almost still. Bumps in the tracks does not come through as hard as before either so it feels very "calm and light". Anyone else notice the same?

Gonna have to reinstall the sim and see if it comes back to its usual super FFB.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Increase the Steering Torque Minimum to fix this (in the Control Options)

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

EDIT: FFB issue solved. Check the next post below.
    I have, my friend. This is not related to that. Basically FFB has been lost in a big way around center. I upped the min torque a lot and its not helping. I thought i was alone but i just heard about another guy who reinstall the sim today and he got the same now. Very low FFB around center.

@Dev's do you think this is some installation snafu or was something changed in the code regarding FFB? I havent had the chance to reinstall. Going to do it tomorrow. Scared that i will not get back the awesome rF2, gulp... Hope its a installation issue.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

not_him_59 likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

That the skippy hasnt been updated does that mean it doesnt have to or that they didnt get around to it yet? I seem to have no issues with it so thought maybe its alright already.

BTW i dont know what happened to the F2 2012, but i have great FFB with it now. There was no FFB at center before but now there is, lol. :D Great car.

7. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

For some reason the ffb in the f2 has nothing in the center. I've put the multiplier up to 1.5 and still nothing. I get good feedback in bumps etc but nothing in the middle. I unsubbed then resubscribed but still the same. T300 here. All other cars are great

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hmm... Strange. Not THAT strange since i didnt have feeling center FFB either. But now today when i tested i did! I dont know if i did anything special. I havent deleted my player.JSON. I clear cache/CBASH after every update just for good measure, and i upped the force a bit more in my profiler, but that was done before as well. I had literally NO FFB around center on the F2 2012 and all the way out 45 degrees on each side of the wheel which made it hard to drive, and unfunny to drive as well. No idea why it feels good now.. Wish i could help you mate cause this car is awesome to drive. Maybe test clearing things, reinstalling the sim etc. Just a fresh everything. Sometimes that has fixed problems for me.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I had to re calibrate my wheel in rf2 every time I wanted to drive an updated or new car,this would get rid of that non existent ffb in the middle of the corner.
    But then I got tired of doing that and varifying the files for it to say one file needs fetching every time so I uninstalled rf2,deleted every file related to it,and reinstalled,now ffb is back to normal,but still the newer and updated cars show this weak or non existent ffb to a much lesser extent.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  10. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

Bummer, looks like I'll have to recalibrate my wheel. Surprisingly though the radical is as good as everything else, it's just the f2. All good though :)

11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah, lol... Missed that. Thanks mate.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So is that everything (official) that's getting the DX1 treatment done now ?

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I think there are still a few cars and tracks to come.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Lots still to be done if it's being done

15. aothman

aothman Registered

I'm having issues with the new Civic in dx11. Crashing into a wall will cause rFactor 2 to lock up, much the same way the Clio used to do before it's last update. The only way out is to end the process. Anyone else experiencing this?

multivac likes this.
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

yes, things have gone very quiet on this front.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well we did get a road map but i don't think we should be talking about that judging by the amount of locked threads and arguments going on . This forum is starting to feel a bit volatile :(

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

its all good news, shows peoples concerns and passion, imagine no discussion after a change or update.
    things have never looked so good for rfactor2 & exciting times ahead, its one of the reasons I'm updating my motion setup, the few software titles that runs it is getting better and better

PS
    I think maybe the dev. team are busy getting an update ready for the worlds fastest event, after that back to normal updates and hopefully new UI progress etc

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I wonder if McLaren will be DX9 compatible for the DLC/competition mode for WFG. Has this been confirmed? Is the competition system available with regular dx9 and dx11 builds? or both mainstream options will need to be updated somehow to enable DLC/competition mode?

20. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I'm sure it's been stated that there is no such thing as DX9 or DX11 compatible.
    Simply that if a mod is made correctly on DX9 that it will also work on DX11.

I would assume therefore that it will make no difference which version of directX you are using, but don't quote me on this