stumped

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by lasercutter, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

ok, as a test I've got a track installed in rF2 as an rfcmp and now it's all finished (not really but lets pretend) and I want to beta test the track online with my mod team, how do I do that?

I tried following the tutorial on packaging but when I try creating a package and select the historic cars, then create a name for the package I try adding the location but the window that appears is empty....help!!

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

did you install the new component? Just because you made the .rfcmp file doesn't mean it's install. You have to physically click the "Install" button... (If I understand your problem correctly)

3. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

yes I installed the track using the mod manager and it runs in rF2

this is doing my fricking head in, how can it be so confusing to do?

Would it be possible to have a seperate tutorial for track makers that deals specifically with packaging tracks, I have no interest in cars at all and I'm easily confused so having to read through a load of stuff that doesn't concern me makes my brain hurt.

My understanding is that in order for my "team" to test this online with each other it needs to be packaged and have a mod id, or am I totally mistaken?

Also this is purely for me to try and get my head around getting content into rF2, want to mod test the "modders beta" straight away

4. Michael Juliano

If you're trying to package the mod from your rF2 install you have to have a copy of Mas2.exe in the main rF2 folder. If you're working from another directory (as I did in my packaging doc) you have to have mod manager and mas2 located in that folder, and all the mods/components need to be installed there.

If you still have trouble PM me and we'll get it worked out. Once you have it all set up it's not hard.

Yes, to test ONLINE you must have a modID. If they want to test it offline only then you don't need the ModID

5. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

ok, made some progress, copied mas2.exe and mod manager to my docs rfactor2 folder... will let you know

6. Michael Juliano

7. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

ok, thanks for the help, I have created a mod (need to learn how to make a virtual mod as this one is now 300mb) and have a mod ID, not the most intuitive of systems and obviously the load on the system isn't helping, didn't realise there were so many modders out there :)

Thanks for answering my questions at what I know is a busy time for you

8. Michael Juliano

No problem. Seriously, once you get things set up properly and do it a few times it no big deal.

Virtual mods are easy really. Just select all the components you need, as you did when you made the full mod, but uncheck the box next to the component name. THat tells the package to use the component, but not pack it...

Again, they will HAVE to have the component pre-installed to be able to install the Virtual Mod...

9. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

nope, I give up.... kept getting mod id isn;t valid when I set up a server and can't get server to show in list anyway, and I've ended up with a load of mod ids on my account that I really don't think I want or need (any way to delete them?)

Think I'll wait for someone cleverer than me to do an idiots guide to getting it all working

10. Michael Juliano

you did send the SubmitID back to ISI, yes? You get the SubmitID when you install the mod after you packaged it up. The ModID you made has to be linked to the mod version and its SubmitID...