Studio 397 Endurance Pack Cars - Random slow downs - help please

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by John_GEAR, Aug 19, 2018.

1. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Hi all,

I'm gettng a very weird thing with the Studio 397 Endurance Pack cars. They randomly slow down, like a slow down penalty in iRacing. Then after 10 seconds they get going again. This happens almost every lap with P2's and GTE.
    It only happens when the cars is in gear. In neutral the revs go up like normal.
    I ran the track with other cars/mods and had no problem at all. Only with the Endurance Pack cars.
    The game doesn't go in slow motion. The car just stops.

How can I solve this problem?

Take a look at the video and listen to the engine;

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Can you also try this on one of our tracks, say Silverstone? Just to rule out it's a track bug.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I see you're at Spa. Which Spa track is it? I have driven many laps at Spa in the GTE pack cars with nothing like the issue you show.
    (I use Ver 1.1 by SJ)

4. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Hi Marcel, I will test it out on Silverstone and other official tracks and get back to you.
    (btw, the brakepedal doesn't stick. The diagram goes up and down clean).

5. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Yes, it is Spa 1.1 by SJ.

JimmyT likes this.
  6. John_GEAR

John_GEAR Registered

Law of Murphy. Now that I'm trying to repeat the issue, it's gone. Did test official tracks. No issue there in any case.
    Thanks Marcel. If it comes back on a official track, I'll let you know.

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  7. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I get weird things happen at Spa 1.1 by SJ. I'd say it's track related for sure. I've had it with S397 GT3 and GTE cars. For me I get stuck in a stasis for a few seconds on the downhill to Eau Rouge when in a race, then I get catapulted a bit up the track and all the cars around get stutter. Fine for the rest of the lap. So I think its a performance thing. I have pretty high Graphics settings and haven't got around to tweaking anything yet.

I also had an instance on the track where the tarmac was jet black with the odd strip of 'normal' grey. :eek: Very weird.Again just this track.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ya same here...something wrong with the track. If i lower the amount off AI then i can race on this SJ conversion

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That's really weird. I don't have that issue, but I do have a very similar issue, but not to that extent. It seems like the game its self, goes in slow motion. I have run into it on Sebring with the Endurance Pack cars. Not sure if that has been reported by anyone any where yet. What would be a good program to use to try and capture it?

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@Chris Lesperance Did you check your fps rate? Sebring (12H layout) is very heavy on resources, I can't run that track with AI as my fps drops to around 30, giving that slow motion sensation. The Full layout (same track layout, different surroundings) is much better on fps and I can race on that one with max settings.

Same goes for Spa, (SJ version) heavy on resources, specially near the pit area I believe. And the real road is weird as I've read of other people (including myself) also getting that black patch when rubber starts building up.

11. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi,

i´ve had similar experience in the past. Can´t say which combo, but it should have been Apex, and i thought it should have been CPU-problems, because [edited!green] purple bar [CTRL+C] went over to the right at this time. Maybe it could has been and temperature issue!? This summer high temperatures in the room and also in the case and maybe some overclocking?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The green bar, while representing CPU use, is tied to graphics (Green for Graphics), so this would have a bearing on FPS.

It's important to work out whether a 'slowdown' is a lowering of FPS making things feel slower, or the game actually going into slowmotion (laptimers etc will actually slow down), and this would be indicated by the physics graph (Purple for Physics) going to the right on that same Ctrl-C display.

This latter physics slowdown can be attacked separately from any graphics settings or GPU load, basically, and comes down to CPU capability and background processes.

13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi. Do you have a NVIDIA card? Try to set your physX (or what it's called) settings from auto to gpu.
    I had this problem, too. It fixed it for me.
    Hope this could fix your problem.

14. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Sorry, my fault! I thought about the lower bar and as you said right, it´s the purple which went to the right side, not the upper green. But i can´t imagine, what laptimes did this time.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Dobbie With an awareness of the Ctrl-C graph it's usually not hard to see when it runs into slow motion (the histogram on the bottom sort of sweeps from side to side), my DAMPlugin telemetry plugin also logs time loss in this instance so that's another option. I only tested that on my PC of the time but it seemed to correlate well, I found myself wondering whether I was on the limits while driving and I couldn't really keep looking at the graph, so having the data afterwards was useful for me. Hence I now have a new CPU :D

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Somehow, since the last update, where the shadow problems were fixed with more than 4 cores, I also have to complain Slow Downs with GTE or GT3 on S397 tracks like Silverstone or Sebring. And i am not the only one in our league and we all have CPU,which are fast enough like 3770k oder 6700k with a Nvidia 1070 or 1080. Meanwhile they destroyed my 2nd Endurance race. Sometimes rFactor 2 even crashes. That's pretty annoying.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  17. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I just refound this thread. I was driving around last night, and the issue was happening a quite a bit. It happens with all content. I was driving the McLaren M4B at the new Watkins Glen. I'll see if the new update might have a thing to resolve it.

I'm going to attempt to record it, and I'll apply the other suggestions as well. The issue might be a CPU "spike" possibly. At the time last night, it was just me on track, and I have a 1070ti. Frame rates really aren't too much of an issue unless it is with a lot of cars .

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

So the game just ran in slow mo?
    Do you have a nvidia card?