SOLVED Struggling to install paid content (Mini Cooper S)

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by MileSeven, Dec 30, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I don’t often install paid-for content on our dedi and can’t see what I might have done wrong after following the official guide.

I’ve updated and uploaded the serverunlock.bin file and used SteamCMD to download the .rfcmp(s). Moved them into my Packages folder - the tried to install them via Content manager.

First thing is that only v1.08 shows up - but I’m assuming the 1.09 is an update file.

Clicking install appears to run through ok - but after the list auto refreshes, the vehicle still shows as not installed. Checking the installed folder shows a v1.08 folder has been created with two mas files - but mod manager can’t see it.

What am I missing?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Does it say keys loaded at the top of mod manager?

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yep!

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

The two files that are created in the 1.08 folder are:

Car.mas
    Minicoopers_1965.mft

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Just to be clear, did you copy ServerKeys.bin from your server, and ServerUnlock.bin from your computer?

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yes - I downloaded serverkeys.bin down to my personal pc, ran rf2 up and entered and then quit a single player game before quitting. Serverunlock.bin *had* been updated and I uploaded and overwrote the (2021! - haven’t done this for a while as we normally run 3rd party material for accessibility) file.

7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Erm, in the strictest sense of the above, I wouldn’t be able to create serverunlock.bin if I’d not downloaded serverkeys….(?)

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks - I had followed the linked instructions and used the current serverkeys.bin from our server (I still can’t see how you *could* follow the procedure if you’d just deleted that file - unless you’re suggesting forcing the server to create a new one….?)

Anyway, thanks for your help and thanks @Coutie - the problem is now solved! My serverunlock.bin file works fine when dropped into the correct location! I had stupidly overwritten a ‘backup’ version somewhere instead of the active one… The perils of trying to run a system that has had many previous hands at the wheel… And a lack of rigour on my part!