Stripes/decals on my track look like they're flying

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SERPENTS ON A VESSEL, Nov 21, 2016.

1. SERPENTS ON A VESSEL

SERPENTS ON A VESSEL Registered

Yeah it is very helpful. Hope we get to see it integrated to the new website and expanded upon.

Tuttle likes this.
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

When we dont have proper survey ref. pictures;

A) I juts go outside and take picture I need...:)
    B) We have personal collections of base materials
    C) I pay for commercial texture when needed

In general a texture is never just a picture. Its a work of layering, painting, masking, cloning, seamless offset etc... So you can do lot of different textures, using same raw sources.
    Doing your own textures its a very good thing and the only way to improve your skills and learn the art.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  3. SERPENTS ON A VESSEL

SERPENTS ON A VESSEL Registered

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm still having some trouble thinking "like an artist", but for the first time yesterday that "I can do this and that to this texture and use it in this way" line of thought came to me. I initially felt like it was me thinking of corners to cut to make my life easier but its good to know that its just how its done.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I do have a lot of textures, with huge detail, that I use in rF2 but the most of them still need to be mixed with other to look realistic in game.
    Map something is more than just use High quality texture and needs a lot of hours lost search the best result possible :).

If someone need textures feel free to ask me. Unfortunately I'm working 16hour/day, everyday, that keeps me away for moding but I can help by sharing the few knowledge or material that I have.

Best Regards
    Nuno Lourenço

Drathuu and Gijs van Elderen like this.