Street course cautions (F1)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dosequis56, Jul 27, 2022.

1. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

I have been working on what will make racing at a street course like Monaco work in RF2 (with F1 cars). I plan to post all my findings and some tooling soon. But first, is there any insight into where I should start to fix safety car behavior. I have been able to get the racing pretty good by using corridors, collision corridors, cut track and AIW line adjustments. However, when AI cars do decide to enter a narrow section side by side and wreck, a yellow flag comes out and basically ends the race. The issue appears to be documented in other threads as the 'you go, no you go' issue with lining up AI cars. In addition, the AI cars seem to start pounding the walls under caution even though the collision corridors are set way inside of the walls. What recommendations do folks have to resolve it? Some things I have seen are ...

ultracarefulyellow=0

What does this do?

LaneSpacing=4.50

Is this what defines pace lap spacing and perhaps doesn't allow the AI cars to pass each other to line up?

"AI Formation by Position":false,

How do the cars line up with this setting? What position? start position?

other ideas? Are the AI cars running the LEFT and RIGHT paths and is that why they are pounding the walls? Although I do have those set well inside of the turns; about the same distance as the FASTPATH