Street Car Mod WIP

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by D1Racer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

With pump setting, I believe?

Pump to 20-40? pump effect to be 1 for center and 0 to rear and front unless it has viscous coupling at rear? Power and coast 0 to all, except if therei is some locking or clutch pack diff at rear?

You just reminded that I did write something up from differentials, so I transferred that too to my information store, but I will need to refine it a bit yet, anyway this is how I currently have figured out diffs to be:
    http://finnsontrack.weebly.com/differentials-rf1-wip.html

2. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Yeah with the pump setting. Still fine tuning the settings, the GTR has a non LSD front and mechanical LSD rear with a clutch pack type centre transfer case.

3. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

Will be great to see a good representation of the Atessa, the older version seen in the R32 is a bit slow and can be twitchy on corner exits with some oversteer in corner entry and exits. While the newer Atessa-ETS Pro is alot smoother in combination with the Active diff seen in the V-Spec models, that also splits torque between left and right and updates 100/1000 times per second (R33/R34) instead of 10 seen in the R32.

Would be nice to see an upgrade for the R32 to include a Skylab controller with 10 settings seen in real life, what it does is it plugs in to the three G-sensors in the centre console and sort of overrides the Atessa computer and makes it transfer the torque to the front faster, with 10 different settings, from off to full.

Should be useful to see a diff meter plugin, to monitor the amount of kilograms of torque being transfered in real time on the track. dont know if this was ever avalible for RF1, but lets leave it as a hint to any plugin modders ;)

I have thousends of papers and informational threads on the BNR34 chassi, so send me a PM if interested.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Centre diff in it was computer controlled from my memory, steering wheel angle affected to power distribution? Maybe such becomes possible when rF2 is final, but now that pump setting is probably best that can be done.

I haven't still figured out how to translate realworld parameters to rF so that it would effect same kind of limited slip or locking, so at the moment it is bit of tinkering when setting up.

It should not be however impossible to do that if one finds realworld specs from LSD, but finding that data is not always piece of cake and it probably is very different kind so to get that to rFactor readings can be interesting adventure.

What you are doing sounds good anyway, I hope that you can get some modeller to make you models that are not ripped off ;)

edit: FakeThinkpad managed to post quicker, certainly sounds like D1Racer has found nice support in form of data, nice!

5. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

@jtbo, Centre diff is controlled by computer, when it senses slip in rear wheels it distributes torque to front using pressurised oil to activate clutch packs. Front torque varies by the pressure of the oil which is controlled by the computer.

I highly doubt someone will model these cars for me. Yes the models are "ripped off". But as I am not selling them, and all credit to owners will be given on release, I don't see the big deal. People have been doing this for a very long time. If the owners have a problem, they can serve me with a cease and desist and I won't give out the mod. Until then I will carry on :D

@FakeThinkPad, for now the best I can do is have it engage the front wheels when rear wheel slip occurs.

6. steve30x

steve30x Registered

Any chance you would do one or two slower cars too?

7. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I plan to include a range of cars, from FWD through RWD to AWD. Some might be slower, some might be faster. Depends how you drive them :p

But seriously, I have nearly sorted the car list, will post it up in a little while.

8. steve30x

steve30x Registered

Cool. I like the slower cars more. I think they can be more fun than the faster cars sometimes.

9. GRunner

GRunner Registered

I hope there will be a testversion soon :)

As I´m a owner of a 98 RX7 FD3S atm and former owner of a R33 GTR Vspec I go ****in crazy just waiting to get those cars ingame :)

10. matt416

matt416 Registered

[SUB][/SUB]
    hope you consider this mate Would be awesome! cant wait to get this mod :cool:

11. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

There won't be a test version any time soon, as I am new to modding in rFactor, and have alot to learn yet before anything is playable.

12. DeM

DeM Registered

Why not approach a 3D Modeller and pay him to do the Models for you, to spped up a time

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  13. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

I completely agree.

As a matter of fact, im 99.9% sure those models are ripped from NFS:Shift or Shift2. Im sure EA wouldnt like having their models used in a game that belongs to a competitor, regardless if the modder is making $ off of it.

Actually, D1Racer, i just checked and i can confirm those models are ripped from that game, even the textures are ripped straight out of it.

14. sothis

sothis Registered

You went from "What game are the models from? Just curious."

To the above post.

I'm not a personal fan of protecting DIGITAL intellectual property to the extent you are at this moment, but may I just remind you that you can not confirm anything unless you have the source material that D1Racer has. And that is something I'm sure you do not, in which case you have nothing, and I must stress: NOTHING to leverage this guy with.

So I advise you and DeM to basically take a hike. :]

15. DeM

DeM Registered

Not sure why i should take a hike, he states himself that he has ripped the Models from another game

16. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

I'd advise you to get your facts straight before you start telling people to take a hike.

17. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

18. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Nice, the artists at slightly mad studios have done a great job, very nice models.

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

:cool:

20. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I'd advise you to get your facts straight, this is not an SMS model. Now begone troll.