Strange thing about grey "join"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GaetanL, Mar 7, 2014.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi,

With this b515 I've still this problem of grey "join" with home server.
    I've done a personal rfmod with MAS2.exe, my teammate can rejoin my server and me too (the grey state disappears quickly once my server selected)
    If is my teammate who hosts, he must wait longer before the grey state disappear, and for me it stay grey all time. Same rfmod, same setup for hosting.

But I saw a strange thing.
    Our server called "Project_D", under ours there was one called Proracing_Honda_??? (something like that).
    Once the lobby charged, I saw my server name and the other without '_' like this :
    Project D
    Proracing Honda ???
    all have grey 'join'
    After a short moment (30second) the name of Proracing server change and he got his '_' , I saw this :
    Project D
    Proracing_Honda_???
    The project D server hosted by my friend stay grey, but now I can select the Proracing server :confused:

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have seen that with servers with _ in the names. FYI, spaces are perfectly fine everywhere but the actual filename of the vmod. The mod name can even contain spaces. Just the filename can't. But that was fixed in 515 I thought.

The join button on your teammates server is probably firewall related. Have you tried manually querying his SessionInfo with a web browser to see if it responds?

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

"Have you tried manually querying his SessionInfo with a web browser to see if it responds? "
    Why not.
    Can you explain the protocol, please.

4. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

What is happening is the matchmaker server that provides the initial list removes "_" from most of the fields. This helps do some filtering to remove offensive language from the global MP list. However, the direct client to server communication has no filter. So the "_" would appear.

That said, if this happens then the client is communicating with the dedicated server correctly. Given that fact, the Join button being disabled has nothing todo with a failure to communicate with server. Either its a mod issue or a version issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

http://<serverIP>:<HttpPort>/SessionInfo/

Case sensitive and needs the trailing forward slash.