Strange graphical appearance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by redapg, Dec 15, 2015.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

I've noticed this "by accident" and thought it would worth to report it here.
    It's the appearance of some Objects/Materials, depending on the Time -Setting of the Sessions.
    Yes, sounds weird. :)
    I've tried it with the Camaro 1.61 on Belgium66 2.01 and Joesville 2015 1.0.
    With the Camaro it's just the Drivers Helmet, with older Cars it's sometimes the whole Car that looks like Chrome.
    Will be the Material-Settings, i guess.
    But as said, the appearance depends on the Sessions Time Settings.
    And the Difference shows up when i Set Training and Qualy at Night one the one Side OR Training at Daytime and Qualy at Night on the other Side.

Start Training: 3:00 PM, Start Qualy: 1:00 AM. Then in Qualy (Night) it looks like that:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If i Set both Session at Night, it looks OK in all Sessions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You are right, it depends on the material settings. The Camaro helmet has a cube material but the reflection mapper is not enabled. With the reflection mapper enabled the cube map is replaced by the output of the reflection mapper and the update rate depends on the gfx settings for environment reflections. Even environment reflections off make use of the reflection mapper output but it's updated only every 10 seconds or so.
    With the reflection mapper disabled in the material settings the cube map is just static picture (like in rF1). To make it work with the dynamic lighting system the gfx engine has to adjust the exposure of the cube map but it seems the update rate is very low (maybe every 3 - 5 minutes). I use this "flaw" often in devmode to check if there is any material left where the reflection mapper is not enabled. In terms of fps performance there should be no difference between the static and dynamic cube map, because the reflection mapper is at least activated for the carbody material which means the dynamic cube map is already calculated and is ready for use with other materials.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Going from a daylight session to a dark/night session. Redlections are still like the previous session: daylight.
    I can see a daylight sky in the reflection.

Once you click race. Everything is fine again.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I found a similar problem with the ISI Megane:

[​IMG]

Same as redapg found, switch from day to night and the shining appears

//Edit: Problems solved, thanks redapg (and me :cool: )

Changed material settings for the windows and modified gmt`s for the rlights.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015