Stop & Go Penalty - Lap deducted

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Johnnathan Maia, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Johnnathan Maia

Johnnathan Maia Registered

Hi Guys,

I've searched about it here but couldnt find it.. so that's why I opened this thread.
    It's a simple question.

On my league, our server is set to have a 5-lap limit for a driver to do the stop&go penalty. However, there was a case where the driver decided to pit in last lap, but since his box was after the crossing line, he couldnt and then he got a lap deducted from the race. I was expecting this to be a +35s in the end, not a whole lap. There were drivers a lap behind (cuz I've read that it seems to influence on this).

Is there a reason for this? and can this to be changed on the dedicated server for future races?

Thanks in advance.

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

If you get a stop/go penalty on the final of a race, you're basically DQed, as (like you said) it's not possible to get to your pit box. This bug has been around since the very first version back in 2012, so I don't have much hope for a rapid fix.

With the recent renwed focus on bug fixing though, maybe we'll get lucky.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not pitting before 5 laps expired would be the same as ignoring the black flag. In many series, any laps completed after the Black Flag was thrown are ignored.(if the driver did not pit). Coming in and crossing the s/f line eliminated any chance of serving the penalty. So the correct ruling would be to either go back 5 laps and score him there, or score the last lap as not completed since he never served the penalty.
    However, any penalty should have the option of a race official either manually setting the penalty or removing it all-together.
    Hopefully an experienced server host will have some information for you.

Johnnathan Maia likes this.
  4. Johnnathan Maia

Johnnathan Maia Registered

Yeah, We did it manually. I was just expecting to have something to change it automatically; however, by what u guys had said... it's not available =/

Thx :)