StockCar Damage Model?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heath J, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Heath J

Heath J Registered

Perhaps it's a question that has been asked many times before and, if so, I offer my apologies. Are there any plans to develop and release a damage model for the StockCar mod?

2. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Do you mean, something that already exists in other rF2 cars but not on the Stock Cars? Or something like there was on rF1 (minor deformations and hole parts flying off)? Or something like iRacing has (major deformations)? Or something like BeamNG?

As much as I'm gonna agree with you regardless of which one it is, I wouldn't count on that! Anyway, S397 is yet to announce their plans after this first big change that was DX11/VR and soon the UI, so there's always a little hope.

3. Heath J

Heath J Registered

I didn't know anything about BeamNG. Now that I do, I am going with that! Wow! In the end, it boils down to realism. If a car gets into the wall and sustains damage, then I want to see it. Heck, race sims back in the 90's included a damage model. It adds to the immersion.

4. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

lol I imagined that!

Being realistic though - since what BeamNG does isn't quite feasible wide racing game application (yet) for many reasons - I also wished that rF2's damage model AT LEAST went "back" to what it was on rF1.