Stock cars

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Paul Swire, Mar 26, 2014.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It seems to me, that if they were running a test server with stock cars, they must have something to test, maybe tires? Would have been a waste of their time otherwise.
    Of course I'm old and may just be dreaming.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Maybe the testing tire contact patch update

Although I like the rf2 tire model a lot I think I understand time comments re.contact patch
    & it being more relevant to oval racing

If I'm on the right path :
    Currently the rf2 contact patch is a bit unrefined ...a little sluggish
    It needs to be able to "tip toe" more when it's on the very edge
    This will also be good for road racing too more noticeable when the skill is present to balance the traction on the very edge
    This will also give the user a better "feel" of when the sim car is on the very edge

I hope this will further enhance the ffb also ( which is already very good)
    The new skid sounds are coming too

I hope what ever tire updates there are they don't include any extra grip as we have aids if we like lots if grip/traction etc

Roll on new builds (-:

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I hope if ISI is still working on that stock car that they are working on some ovals. What good are stock cars with no ovals? Right now we only have a handful and they don't work right anyway. We also need to be able to choose rules packages, as it is right now it's a PITA and when something as basic as the safety car doesn't work (maybe it works on Indy, I'm not sure, but on modded tracks it's a mess- and yes, modded tracks need to work with the game) then there's a problem.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Tracks seem to take a long while hey
    ISI now do good quality tracks also

I'd be happy for them to initially release tracks as 1st stage
    ( just quality road surfaces and surrounding items up to track side walls/barriers )
    Then update the surrounding visual only stuff later
    Just to get a few more tracks out in a shorter time

A bit like the incomplete "tech" tracks released in Iracing

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ps: for completion of the tracks (visual surroundings trees etc)
    Maybe ISI could outsource by inviting 3rd party modders to volunteer
    To do completion under the supervision of ISI
    ISI will also supply textures. If poss & approve quality at a few steps along the way
    This would be great for the modder ( maybe to a small degree educational) and good for ISI & the community eg a faster stream of new tracks

ISI must do the tracks surface & layout / side barriers/fence/walls though

6. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

And for me, that's the brightest part of ISI doing a Gen-6 - as well as they did the Indy DW12 - so they can face the issues with proper oval racing, and hopefully, "fix" it.

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

Only if they have the lic for it would they attempt to do that. Tim has already made a post about that. If they don't, they wont touch it unless it turns into a Jacksonville type track. The track surface/walls/fence, that's all the easy stuff and requires very little time to make. Filling the rest in is where all the time goes. My guess as well, the track guys at ISI are probably on the busy side.

Tim said with the release of the DW12 the oval rules were not implemented yet. Tracks could be made for when the rules get sorted, they are ready to go. Since NASCAR doesn't have DRS zones, push to pass or any of that stuff, why wait? Its just finding folks to actually make them will be the trick. Yes they have Jacksonville and Indy, but a few years ago they posted photos of a Charlotte like track. So who knows what's in store for the future.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I don't care about oval racing, I just want to run the Gen6 on road courses.

A late model or super late model and some short tracks would be better than the Gen6 for oval racing anyway. :)

Or how about ISI get an ARCA license, or try to license some of the short tracks on their schedule?

There is so much oval racing out there that isn't naspoop. :p

9. freew67

freew67 Registered

Naspoop is what brings in a good chunk of the other drivers though. I feel that's why rF1 ovals suffered for so long, never had a solid NASCAR mod to help feed the asphalt short track mods. Doubt they would go after ARCA since The Sim Factory probably still has it. Outside of that and IRL, can't think of any series left that use the big tracks.

I would be in heaven if they got on board with a short track series. I used to crew for a Hooters Pro Cup team. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo many good tracks to choose from.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

re.Oval racing etc

Never really been interested but now curious, I do fine Oval road courses (a part of on oval that uses the infield) very exciting to drive, going to get back to the DW12 after the simcar has been updated + rf2 contact patch updates,
    with rf2 ffb/physics I think I'll really enjoy getting into it.

re.Charlotte -this is a mind blowingly good track mainly due to all its little curves & cambers a bit of extra work on the track surface I guess

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

NR 2003 still provides a top notch driving aspect for that, and the GTP mod is also top notch with great FFB. Skip Nascar Heat :p.

12. Jamie Shorting

I doubt The Sim Factory has an exclusive license with ARCA. Plus it seems as though TSF is, well, doing something else anyways. The do have a forum but Rob and Bill are rather quiet these days.

Anyway, yeah something a little more short track style would be cool as well, latemodel, truck, modified etc. :)

13. Jamie Shorting

Do you mean the turn right to go left simulator? Throw the car in some crazy yaw angles through the turns and if you don't have enough grip just go faster? lol. That "sim" along with the iracing old tire model is poop. Very much over rated.

14. freew67

freew67 Registered

True, but TSF is a customer of ISI. Even when they were working on ASR it felt they were working on something else ;)

K&N, Whelen USA or Euro, ARCA Trucks (that actual truck series with v6's), CRA, I could keep going...

15. Jamie Shorting

Canada has a really good NASCAR sanctioned series as well, it's a very competitive field. Andrew Ranger is a series regular and he absolutely destroyed the field at NJMP in the ARCA race a week or two ago. They race half short tracks half road courses.

16. freew67

freew67 Registered

NASCAR Canadian Tire Series (forgot about them), see plenty to choose from.

17. Jamie Shorting

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't know what you're talking about, I've never run unrealistic setups. I talk based on staying within parameters not the unrealistic things you could also do in GPL.

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Excuse me?

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I don't think so. If they plan on releasing new content they need to test it in multiplayer as well as single, hence the servers. And you don't need a server to test tire model updates.

My meaning was not putting NASCAR Heat on top of the food chain :) I simply wanted to point out where rF2 is in my opinion - below NASCAR Heat. So the more titles are above NH, the further down the list rF2 ends up.