Stock Car Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 9, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

ok- when i try stock cars- it pulls wicked bad to the left- cant run a straight line- wheel is all the way to the right and it's still pulling me left and slowing down the car because i have to let off gas to get it to straighten out some on straight stretches- what am i doing wrong? The AI even on 70% run away with victories and leave me almost a lap behind because I can't go flat out in straights due to severe pulling to left- The stock car legends I'm fine with- just the recent stock car vehicles cause me issues like this?- I note that he car is set to pull left of course- but it seems pretty extreme- and causes issues in the straights- I guess I'm doing something wrong?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Standard setup at this cars is for driving on ovals, going left. That´s the normal circumstances where these cars are driven.
    I think in the tuning menu you can select a road-track configuration.

3. me you

me you Registered

ok thanks- i'll give that a try- the road options- Maybe my wheel isn't configured right or some thing too- I'll mess around with the settings and see if that is what was causing the massive pull-

4. me you

me you Registered

There's defiantly something up with the Indianapolis map and the cars- it doesn't happen on other maps- I ran Talladega just fine no severe pulling- the car was controllable, could corner nicely and straights were flat out fast- no left pull- or very little I should say. Pocono had a little pulling, but nowhere near as bad as Indianapolis

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

There's nothing wrong with them. They're setup to turn left, like @peterchen said. They have different setups for different kinds of tracks, Talladega and Indianapolis are very different. If you don't want your wheel offset, you can change the rear toe offset in the setup.

6. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

7. me you

me you Registered

ok thanks I'll give that a try- I tried messign with tie pressures, and wing adjustments- but didn't think to try that- It's not that i don't want the offset- it just majkes it impossible to race agaisnt even the easiest AI setting- I can't get any speed in straights fro the reason posted above- and can only get about 130 in straights when I should be about 180 or so- I'll give that toe a try though see what happens

8. me you

me you Registered

Thanks Alexandr- that looks promissing-

9. TheSensoryStore

TheSensoryStore Registered

stock car tips for road The motors in a stock car can chuck out something in the 900 horsepower vicinity, and with the torque on-hand, it’s not too difficult to overwhelm the rear tires https://thesensorystore.co.uk/bubble-tubes/ After all, the motor sits over the front axle. At oval speeds, the rear tires aren’t as traction-limited, but on road courses, it takes a delicate touch. At slower tracks like NASCAR drivers have to stay so progressive on the throttle that they’re only able to go flat to the floor at two spots on the track:

10. me you

me you Registered

Thanks Sensory- I'll keep that in mind- i was able to straighten out the touchy steering by doing what one poster said to change rear toe- it worked fine- didn't need much of a change, just enough to keep it from sliding left into the inner walls all the time

11. me you

me you Registered

Just a quick update folks, :

My issue is now fixed with the reinstall- infact, all the issues I was having, such as vehicles sliding on long curves, nascar cars pulling so bad that they would pull me to the inside wall off the track, AI unrealistically strong at very low setings, etc, are all now fixed as well- I'm not sure how- I think I had probably installed a mod that somehow messed up the game on me somehow- I have several threads I started here because I couldn't figure out why my cars were sliding so bad when the AI wasn't (On the long curves) and why I was getting pulled so bad with oval tracks etc- Well now I have a fresh reinstall, with no mods added, and everything is fine- Nascar is finally actually fun to race now

Also- the AI Strength issue is resolved now too- before, I couldn't put the AI past 74% strength- they were just too unrealistically fast at that strength- well now with the reinstall, I can crank it up to 95 and do well against them

It';s a mystery why I was having all those issues- I have to think it must have been a mod somehow screwing everything up, but Im not sure