SOLVED Stock car 2018X V1.19: engine sound vanished

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by sinarca, Feb 28, 2023.

1. sinarca

sinarca Registered

This is happened with the update. At least to me.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Which build of the game do you use? Sounds like you're using a really old one.

3. sinarca

sinarca Registered

Where can I check version number ?
    Anyway the game should be updated since I use automated updates of the game.
    But I use the old UI (but I do not think this is the peoblem)

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Old UI will be the problem. You should use at least previous-build, since we use a new sound engine, and cars that have been updated with it will no longer work with the old UI build. You change it by right clicking rf2 on steam, go to properties, and then betas tab.

5. sinarca

sinarca Registered

Thanks, you were right. Now I have v1132.
    Even if, at least for me, the new UI is more complicated than before

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes the new UI has more features, but it is the way forward. There are still users insisting on using the brown/orange menus. Those still work, but more and more content, like the updated stockcars, will begin to have features the old menu system cannot support.

7. sinarca

sinarca Registered

But the new UI sounds different when it comes to road noise. It's kind of a rumble that I can't seem to fix and it feels like a boxed sound. It feels like coming out of a cave
    I use only the cockpit view

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I agree, the new sound engine changes some of the sounds we have become familiar with. But just like the GT3 drivers had to learn to downshift off throttle, all of us have to learn new aural cues as more and more of the S397 stable gets converted over to the new sound engine. I'm not even sure we have heard the full impact of the possible sounds yet. Many users have noted the reverb from driving near walls or the echo of going through a tunnel like at Monaco really don't enter our hearing like those sounds did before. I wonder if Devin intended all of those notes to be muted in a nod to what cockpit recordings sound like.....dunno...

9. sinarca

sinarca Registered

All true, but I think that as with all things in life each of us has different tastes. So I'd like the programmers of the sim to introduce a slider to control or at least completely eliminate the reverberations or rumbles that are heard using the internal view