STK 488 mas original files

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sanchit Rathi, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hey everyone,

I was trying to make my own 488GTE from the Simtek 488 GT3 in the process I edited some of the files from MAS of the car. I saved the originals of all the ones I edited however in some process I made the mistake of overwriting them. Is there anyone here who can provide me with the original files from 488_GT3.mas and 488_GT3_MAIN.mas?

Note: I have already uninstalled and unsubsribed and resubscribed and reinstalled the mod however, for some reason the car installs with the edited files that I made.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you didn't change all the required names and references you're probably getting a mix of files when you load either car. When modifying a car and creating your own packaged one you need to change quite a few things for them to both work properly.

Sanchit Rathi likes this.
  3. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

lazza, thanks for your response, I didnt make a separate car, what I did was try to edit the GT3 car itself from Simtek and give it GTE performance and fuel consumption. Had it worked out I wouldve made another vehicle mod. Had it not worked out I planned to putting the original files back on the mas and save it back to default. In the end it didnt work out and I lost the original files, which is why I was wondering if someone could share them.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you unsubscribed and resubscribed, and especially with a delete in there somewhere as well, there's no way you can't have the correct original files. So it sounds like you have modified files in there causing a conflict in some way. No one needs to send you the original files, and it wouldn't help your issue anyway.