Still not Fixed 1st and 2 Gfx Card at 1280 x 720 Res.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dady Cairo, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Oh my Dear!
    You stil have not fixed the problem since DX11Beta has started.I wish i had spend my money elswhere...
    Very frustrating!!!!!
    Still the game runs in the upper left corner.I can change the intel settings ,no luck...
    When i bought GPL in the year 2000,the hardware was not on the level with the software,now its vice versa!
    I would like to hear a offical statement from the Developers about this.When and Why??
    VR,VR,VR don't needed here,maybe this is the trend for selling a game today and the other useres are left out or what should i think about this??
    DC

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I didn't test today's build but considering nothings is stated in the release notes I assume that the issue has not been addressed.

I tested past week's build with a fresh install. As in the initial builds I couldn't get full screen working with 1280x720 in a 1366x768 laptop screen. The game would run unscaled to fill the screen in the left-top corner as OP says.

I had been able to get full screen working in terms of scaling to screen in previous beta builds. However, it was a different install that I already keep where I had been touching many things in order to test different solutions to fix this issue.

One of the most disturbing things is that you need run the launcher to activate VR. However, whatever you set there will be overriden later by an internal rFconfig embedded within rfactor2.exe. i tried to use the dx11config.ini from the older dx11 install where i had full screen scaled properly but as said it wouldn't be recognized by the latest build rfactor2.exe and would override it with default values.

3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

But this is totaly confusing desaster by Studio397 and in my opinion bad politics.
    They do no adress issues wich are long time known.Not a word.
    I wanna test the software,not my PC setup.There is nothing wrong with that.
    I'm just a electronics man,had many computers since available, Sinclair ZX 81 was my first...
    But im no coder or programmer and this is wasting time.Dynamic weather,Nigth race did not work for me in DX9 too,so i do not expect wonders.
    Till then i go to Raceroom,looks better,works and fun,fun,fun...

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Sell both cards, get a single one, problem solved. Game works perfectly here :D

Dady Cairo likes this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't think he has two dedicated GPU's, I could be wrong, but for example all laptops have selectable both the dedicated GPU and the integrated one (inside CPU).

Anyway, it says OPEN BETA in the right hand corner. I find it difficult to understand how people now expect a beta is working the same as a non-beta final product. Just because it has been out for two months doesn't make it any less of a beta, but some people have forgot the meaning of this word. Maybe it should have been called alpha instead and people wouldn't assume it's bug free :).

kro388th likes this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

We know it is a beta. But reading every build's release notes, I happen to find fixes for bugs that I have not even heard of. It is difficult to understand what kind of priorizing criteria are being used. The fulls screen problem has been widely reported.

Ari Antero likes this.
  7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

First start by removing your Config_DX11.ini from the Userdata folder, and then try to relaunch rFactor2 with the same settings you wish to use.
    Next:
    Please post all of your graphics settings
    • Screenshot of your 'video' and 'display' screens
    • Screenshot of the Launcher video config pop up
    • Upload your Config_DX11.ini from UserData
    Thanks!

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you delete the Config_DX11.ini like he asked?

Christopher Elliott likes this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

11. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I did delete the config_DX11.ini and set my settings again. :)
    But it doesn't matter. If i want fullscreen to fill my screen i need to choose the native resolution:

This is on my Laptop. I don't have the issue on my Main Rig. o_O I can downscale resolution and will fill the screen on my main rig.

Fullscreen.jpg

Dady Cairo and SPASKIS like this.
  12. Christopher Elliott

OK thanks for adding that, it must be a certain setup that is causing this, we'll look into it again.

kantenflimmern likes this.
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for caring about this issue. Same behaviour on my side

14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

@Coutie
    Yes deleted-just he same...

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

If you want/need to have rF2 in a lower resolution in Fullscreen.

Workaround:
    - right click on your desktop and set the desktop/windows resolution to 1280x720.
    - set the same resolution in rF2.

It's not a nice way if doing things, but atleast you can...

SPASKIS likes this.
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Ah,will try that.
    And this gives me proper results for testing,how much"Power" my Laptop has?
    Will try aftere Breakfast..today.I play this on my TV via HDMI,and must connect my self build wheelbank.
    Thanx

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I will try that as well.
    However, for me at least the scaling is only part of the problem. In DX9 I get 30% higher fps in full screen compared to windowed or borderless. In DX11 I get the same lower framerate with the three modes. I would expect a significant fps increase when using DX11 if full screen behaved like it does with DX9.

jayarrbee36 and Dady Cairo like this.
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Tryed it.
    But not satisfyed.Dx11 content mixed with Dx9 content give unstable performance.
    Example: F1 1975 cars on a Dx11 Track like NOLA -worst FPS and stuttering.Same track with EVE F1 Cars 58-60 fps.Crahes of the AI cause stuttering.
    Settings are : No AA no FXAA,Res 1280x720,, in game Grafix set to medium Shadows low,no refelections,no Blur,visible cars 15,opponents 14.
    It will End like GPL,the game was top,the Grafix less and you got to buy hardware for 3000 Euro,and then it will not run to satisfying yourself.
    60 fps is needed,i can pull down settings but on low,no,no,no...
    Sure RF2 has all,Dynamic weather,Nigth Race etc,but you can't play that on a medium computer.
    I prefer Automobilista,Assetto Corsa (@1280x720 no AA DX11 title),and RaceRoom,wich all run on DX9.
    I wish the Developers hard luck,but i do not buy a brand new Laptop,wich i did in January even to play that Fu...RF2!
    And Automobilista looks GREAT!Even Raceroom on my machine.....Good they left their fingers from things,that they won't get right.
    My stand.
    A Sim ,writen for DX9 and now in Dx11 and the 3rd pary tracks and cars in DX9,oh my GOD,maybe Christmas-half ready.
    DC

19. Christopher Elliott

We're talking about one issue in this thread - please don't mix things here. Create another report if you want to talk about performance etc.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I can run 40 cars @ 1080p with an i3 + r7 360, tex and player+op detail high, shadows medium and no blur, visible cars 12, reflections off, AA lv 1, so no, you don't need a 3k setup.
    I do plan to upgrade soon anyway tho :D