Still no lights or wipers.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by marc512, Aug 4, 2012.

1. marc512

marc512 Registered

When rfactor 2 was first released, me and a few others had a night race in the meganes with rain. Was epic fun!

But since build 85 i think, i have not been able to see the wipers or lights when driving. They work fine in the replays! but they dont work while racing (unless via replay)

The clios, the wipers do work but they flash, you can see where they are connect to the car moving left and right but the top half flash on and off. When i stop the wipers, they appear back in the correct position. Lights are the same on the meganes and the clios. When on, you can only see them in the replays.

I have turned everything to low in the settings, HDR off but nothing fixes... I was hoping build 101 would fix :(

My graphics card is a evga 570gtx 2560mb.

Thanks
    Marc

horns work though and the DRS system :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Just tried night racing in the clios at spa.. It was working like a charm on my end. There's a little (not annoying) effect at the sides of the lightbeam. They are looking like they vibrate a bit. Though, I don't see the sides of the beam when racing. My FOV is <40

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Marc, check the lights at night.
    Lights during day are invisible or very hardly visible (which is correct). I've checked Nissan GT and Clio on Brianza as well as MidOhio

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  4. Ferry Bervoets

Ferry Bervoets Registered

The lights do work on my side but they flash like a stroboscoop every second. It's related to HDR. They flash at the same rate as the lighting dims and brightens when HDR is enabled on a sunny day.

5. marc512

marc512 Registered

I have tried at night, and still no lights. If you put the camera at the front off the car facing the lights. You see them turn on and off and the wipers working. There is no beam from the lights.

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Have you updated your rF2 to build 101 ??

7. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

BUILD 101 :

370z rear lights and brake light still flicker regardless of if you race during day or night.

Meganes front and rear lights have a hideous texture applied to them that i'm guessing is meant to be a light halo or glow effect, but just looks like a 2d sprite. The back of the NGTR also suffers from this, but it's nowhere near as bad.

Clio's front lights also have this bad 2d sprite look to them. I know replay mode is not meant to be finished, but watching 30 clios round a track at night, the light from the Headlights is only generated on 3 cars at a time for me with alleged full GFX settings, these lights blink from 1 headlight to another, then both then back to just the left headlight, then to just the right headlight.

Is there anywhere in the .plr file or somewhere i can add more light sources rendered on track?

I do not know how to word this particularly well, but the view through the cockpit at night shows that the lights do not fall on the other cars properly, the lighting is not correct, there is no diffusion of light when the Headlights light up the cars in front.

8. coops

coops Banned

lights work... never seen wipers in rf2 yet.. might have seen a shadow or something similar. but real wipers on windscreen never

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Noticed this evening that GT AI cars at Mills (forget the exact layout) dont have headlights working, they do at other tracks.

11. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

I've got the same problem here, any track, any car at night : i see the headlight on my car are turned on but the track is full dark for me, it doesn't work, the same thing happen with the wipers, but i can see smoke through the windshield anyway.

Radeon 6970 @ 5760*1080

12. sm1ggs

sm1ggs Registered

exact same for me

13. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Wipers are there, but they appear and disappear from visibility at a more or less constant rate, whether HDR is enabled or not.

14. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

In the Clio... Only other car than the F3 that I drive... With TrackIr running, when I look a little bit downward, the wipers "pop into view" when I look back up at the road, they "disappear". I can make it happen at will.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

15. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

I've noticed if i mess with my FOV they appear. Won't worry there still work to be done. Its not final....

16. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Now i noticed in sebring that light works on the side of the track but not on the tarmac.