Steering wheel temporarily freezes

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dean Hayes, May 12, 2019.

1. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue where randomly throughout a session (offline) my steering wheel temporarily freezes 1-2 seconds then is fine. It's a real gain in the ass because I can barely complete a lap without it happening and it costs me massive amounts of time. I have a Fanatec Clubsport v2 and am currently rolled back to the v311 drivers as I had issues with losing force feedback and having to restart the game ti get it back with the latest v328 drivers. I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and there's a fix as I haven't experienced any issues in any other sims though I don't put any where near the hours in on those sims as I do rfactor 2.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you'll need to explain a bit more clearly. Presumably your physical wheel isn't somehow freezing up or getting a harsh change in ffb, so you mean your car continues along the track but the in-game wheel stops following your input, then jumps into position?

Or is it possibly the game itself freezing/stuttering/skipping for a second or two?