Steering settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seamount, Apr 1, 2022.

1. seamount

seamount Registered

Hi
    may you please tell me where to find detailed info about "steering settings" in "calibrate controls" ?

Since the new-UI I have some problems with my fanatec csw 2.5 (slow in response) and I need to understand the settings and what I can do.

About the "input calibration" I notice that the steering rotation that I see on the screen is slower (later) than the rotation movement that I make with the physical wheel, I see the movement on the screen maybe one second later; with other simulators I see it "real time" and it seems to me it was faster before the new-UI ... what could i do ? Maybe with the new-UI I should recalibrate everything from scratch ? it's weird ...

- Rotation Limit Mode: I have "Device Driver"; what about "Software" ?
    - Max Wheel Angle Mode: I have "Automatic (Failed)"; why "failed" ? what about "Custom" ?
    - Default Max Wheel Angle: I have 900; should be fine, isn't it ?
    - Range Set by Vehicle: I have "On", what about "Off" ?
    - Steering Wheel Range: I have 569 ... what is it and how to manage it ?

Is there a tutorial on that topic or any link that explains it ?

Any help would be very appreciated

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I also have the same wheel and get pretty much the same results in the menus. But I don't see any slowdown in response on track.
    The 569° is a calculated value based upon the car's suspension. In other words, that should be the correct value. Now you can match that with either the Fanalabs app or the Fanatec Control Panel. But what I do is use the wheel's button to do that once I see that value.(because it can change for each different type of car. The very teen tiny button near the LCD panel on my BMW wheel can access the various Fanatec settings. click the button move the wheel's joystick sideways til you reach the SEn setting. Then move the joystick up or down until the value closely matches the menu. (in your case 570)

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check the settings I've referenced here, such a lag would suggest they're wrong:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/problem-sf1000-t300-rs.71058/#post-1086788

The rotation settings themselves are another matter, but see how they feel/look with that lag issue corrected first.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. seamount

seamount Registered

A great thank you for your answers;
    Lazza: I checked my controller profile and the parameters are fine
    davehenrie: i tried your solution and there are no changes

the lag is less than a second, but visually I see a lag between the moment I move my hands on wheel and the moment I see the wheel movement in game ... I do not think it's normal; visually on AMS1 and I also tried on AC, there is no lag or anyway a smaller lag.

is there a way to check if the lag I see is only visual or a real lag ? maybe there is an utility/program which can see the lag-time between my input and the output on the wheel and tell me if it's normal or not ?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you running your video sync'd? If so try either turning off Vsync or the Fullscreen mode. Access that option by choosing the middle of 3 options when you press PLAY from Steam.

6. seamount

seamount Registered

thank you for for your answer
    I was already Vsync off