SOLVED Steering Sensitivity Changing Mid Session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kodasaurus_rex, Jan 26, 2018.

1. kodasaurus_rex

kodasaurus_rex Registered

I'm having this issue in which the sensitivity of my wheel is changing while driving.
    Sometimes it will be set correctly (for example, 407 deg), and then it will change every few seconds to something else (ex 800 deg) and then go back to the right one (407 deg). Another way of putting it, if I am turning my wheel back and forth in a session, every few seconds the rotation of the wheel in the simulation matches up correctly, and every few seconds it doesnt.

This phenomena is happening with both my wheels (GT3 RS V2 and G920), and both wheels are performing correctly in other games. The wheel position output seems to be correct when I am looking at Wheelcheck, or the wheel driver.

Oddly, from the main menu in RF2, under controls, the sensitivity of the wheel also seems to be set correctly, and there seems to be no problems with the game seeing the position of the wheel. Only when I get into a car does the problem occur.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Do you have "Vehicle Set" ticked in the controller settings page.
    Check you haven't turned on any driving aids (plugins/difficulty in the options screen).

3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

@kodasaurus_rex
    I think this has just started happening to me. My G920 was fine up until Tuesday but I went on last night and my wheel doesn't match the rotation on screen (set at 540 in LGS to match Callaway GT3) and also whilst driving the on screen wheel jumps around a lot. I got the rotation to match by setting in LGS to 340 but the on screen wheel still jumps around.

Tried deleting LGS profile and reinstalling LGS. Verified rF2 on steam but nothing seems to work. AC and RRRE still working ok. Maybe heading towards a complete uninstall of rf2

If you found a solution, would be good to know.

EDIT : IGNORE ME!!! Unbeleivable. I spent 2 hours faffing around only to just notice that I had somehow set Steering Help to Low :eek:! Must read posts better on the phone. Thanks @ADSTA. Don't I feel like a numpty. All fine now. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    ADSTA likes this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am suffering this issue as well. I need to reset FFB so that it goes back again. It is very uncomfortable when the car understeers due to this effect.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Whenever I make a new controller profile I always make sure I unbind all those driving aids from my keyboard so I can't accidentally turn them on when using the keyboard.
    Very simple to do, in the controls screen select one of the driving aids and push Esc on the keyboard to unbind.
    Continue on with the rest.

I'm fortunate enough to have a surplus of buttons/dials/switches etc with 20 on my wheel and 31 on my button box.
    The only two driving aids I use are TC and ABS assigned to the button box.

@SPASKIS Make sure all your wheel and pedal cables , data and power, are not damaged and are plugged in properly.
    Another thing to check is Windows USB power management.
    https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/

SPASKIS likes this.
  6. kodasaurus_rex

kodasaurus_rex Registered

@ADSTA was right for me. Somehow I had accidentally turned on the steering aid mid session and never checked it afterwards. I definitely do feel like a numpty. Thanks for the help!

ADSTA likes this.
  7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

ADSTA likes this.