steering in rF2...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by o0thx11380o, Nov 5, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I have had this issue for as long as I can remember. No matter what I change I cannot ever get tighter steering in rF2. I always have to turn my wheel too much. This is especially problematic when driving one of the F1 cars. If anyone knows how to fix this issue I would love some suggestions. Thanks!

Here are screenshots of my settings.
    In my G25 setup, changing anything in here, also has no change on the way rF2 delivers FFB or steering degrees. Yes the profile is set to work with rF2.
    [​IMG]

No matter what I change, steering range does nothing, even if I click the green button on or off.
    [​IMG]

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

When square has a green light that means that rF2 is taking the reported turn radius from your wheels drivers and converting it to what the vehicle requires (so you never have to touch the degrees reported in the box to the left of the green square). I think when you click the green off, then it is valid to change the settings in the box, but shouldn't change with the green light on.

(sure is a lot of green in this post

I don't have the G25 or 7, I run DFGT (also I run spring effect and damper effect at zero - I didn't want it overriding rF2).
    Some cars I do have to increase the steering lock to max. (mostly modern open wheels)

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I've always used options -> global device settings, since rf2 is the only sim I run i've got no need for different profiles anyway.

There must be something that isn't set right for your profile to be applied in rf2, are you using 'apply profiles to games automatically'? If yes, go into options -> global profiler settings and select 'apply persistent profile' with rf2 profile selected.

Global device settings is the answer if you can't get the profile to work.

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have had noticed something similar with the Howston G4 in combination with the G27 and just realise that there was something off as i feel somewhat uncomfortable with the steering. Than i start to check the setup with the help of the visual steering, which than shows me a asynchron behaviour altough the logitech profiler was setup than ever with a lock of 900° and the ingame setup was set to 612° by the game for the G4. Finally i search the balance manually until the steering get in sync, and ended up with a look of ~ 490° for the car in game while the profiler is still on max lock of 900°. The bad it requires to switch off auto setup by the car. There is something off and i don't know if other car's are showing the same behaviour in combination with the G-Series. Did you have the visuall steering on ? If not try it to see whats going on.

5. cbvta

cbvta Registered

where the op has 450 degrees of wheel movement, mine says 612. i have an ecci wheel/pedal combo.
    just installed rf2 yesterday, still in the process of getting my wheel to feel and act like it did in rf1.
    is there any sites/forums with good info on how to setup wheel/pedal combos?

6. friggo8

friggo8 Registered

had a similar problem one day until I found out I had accidentally turned on steering help in the difficulty meny. It took me a whole day to figure it out...

7. antgen

antgen Registered

I had this problem with the previus build 300. For me the solution was to exit Logitech profiler(right click on the blue icon and exit).Also I was loosing my controls after exiting a track.
    With current build(342) everything working without a problem.

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Can we assume you pointed the profiler at the rFactor2.exe in the core folder and you start the game from the RF launcher?