Steering degrees no longer change in game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by NickSpeed, Oct 19, 2017.

1. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop. T300RS wheel and pedals.

When I first installed this game a while back it was working. So well that whenever I went to fire-up iracing I'd have to go back to the controller profile in the control panel and change it back to 900.

Now no matter what I check or uncheck or change in-game, it does not change it at all and stays at whatever I have in the profile control panel...ae 900 degrees when racing the carts...

As I said it worked before but not now...all drivers/bios are up to date etc.

I'd rather not have to start the game up, find out the steering angle, quit the game, go into the thrustmaster controller and change it myself every time when it worked fine before.

Even went as far as to reinstall the game and still no luck.

2. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Been trying to fix this for a couple hours straight now.....googled everything tried resetting ffb...reinstalling drivers, disconnecting reconnecting wheel...and just about anything else I could find.

By the way this is going I think I'll have spent a full day out of my 300 hours playing this game just trying to get things to work properly.

Pretty soon I'm giving up - forget about paying for extra content - the way I see it for all of my troubles I should be gifted this extra stuff..

but lets stick to the subject.....this game is not working for me and I spent money in order to enjoy it without much luck...please help me.

3. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

1. Windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop. T300RS wheel and pedals.

When I first installed this game a while back it was working. So well that whenever I went to fire-up iracing I'd have to go back to the controller profile in the control panel and change it back to 900.

Now no matter what I check or uncheck or change in-game, it does not change it at all and stays at whatever I have in the profile control panel...ae 900 degrees when racing the carts...

As I said it worked before but not now...all drivers/bios are up to date etc.

I'd rather not have to start the game up, find out the steering angle, quit the game, go into the thrustmaster controller and change it myself every time when it worked fine before.

Even went as far as to reinstall the game and still no luck.

#1Reply

2. New Update
      Been trying to fix this for a couple hours straight now.....googled everything tried resetting ffb...reinstalling drivers, disconnecting reconnecting wheel...and just about anything else I could find.

By the way this is going I think I'll have spent a full day to say the least out of my 300 hours playing this game just trying to get things to work properly.

Pretty soon I'm giving up - forget about paying for extra content - the way I see it for all of my troubles I should be gifted this extra stuff..

but lets stick to the subject.....this game is not working for me and I spent money in order to enjoy it without much luck...please help me.

Please anyone that can help would be much appreciated.

4. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

THE FFB DOES WORK NOW BUT STILL NO STEERING DEGREE CHANGE IN-GAME

5. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

THE FFB DOES WORK NOW BUT STILL NO STEERING DEGREE CHANGE IN-GAME

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

In your windows game controller settings have you allowed applications to change wheel settings? In the rFactor 2 in-game controller settings do you have the vehicle set unchecked?

7. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

In the trustmaster program it isn't like my old g25 where you can say let game change settings.

I've tried both ways in game without any luck let.

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I have Logitech here so I don't know the config of Thrustmaster. Hopefully someone who uses the same hardware will comment. Hope you get it sorted.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

If I had to take a guess, a new Thrustmaster driver or firmware update broke it. It's bad news if in addition to G29, Thrustmaster wheels with latest updates are now affected.

10. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

I updated the firmware to v25 and probably reinstalled the TM software a couple times over back when...I don't remember if it stopped at that point. All I remember is the game did work a while back with adjusting steering in game.

Need to get this fixed like sooner than later. Thanks so far for trying to help.

11. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Found a fix.
    Launch game and pick a car.
    Next go into options and remember steering angle.
    Shut down game completely and go into wheel settings in control panel. Change steering degrees to said angle.
    Close profile program.
    Open up again and click race.

got to be kidding me right