Steam Workshop Re-Downloading Content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Drathuu, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Tonight i went to play RF2 and its indicating it needs to download 94 content updates from steam workshop, including one 10.4gb file.. ??

Is there something wrong with steam workshop and its re-downloading all content ? I played 8 hours ago and everything was up to date.. anyone else having this problem ?

2. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

As an update i did a full validation check on the game in steam - it identified 1 file failed to update.. However its downloaded 4 updates and patched some cars/tracks and still downloading the massive file. /sigh

Mind you pausing and running the game works fine.. and i have checked most of my content to see if it works. Im suspecting some kind of syncing issue ?

Id actually like to see what content it is updating.. rather than just "Content"

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Last week every time I logged on to steam it did the 10GB download thing, strange thing was that my rf2 folder was growing every time I logged on to steam (and I was subscribed to minimal content). When it got to the 100GB mark I said stuff this and deleted the whole bloody lot and started again. Current size with only 11 subscribed items is 22GB. It hasn't done the 10GB download thing since....touch wood.

5. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Ok thanks, Im not the only one then.. havent had a problem since beta and been on steam since it moved (day 1), so never seen this before..

I checked the steamapps folder, for the manifest if it gives any clues. (Below is the manifest for teh download)

"AppState"
    {
    "appid" "365960"
    "Universe" "1"
    "name" "rFactor 2"
    "StateFlags" "4"
    "installdir" "rFactor 2"
    "LastUpdated" "1485249491"
    "UpdateResult" "0"
    "SizeOnDisk" "13551844921"
    "buildid" "1543400"
    "LastOwner" "76561197999439860"
    "BytesToDownload" "11549066144"
    "BytesDownloaded" "468346816"
    "AutoUpdateBehavior" "0"
    "AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning" "0"
    "UserConfig"
    {
    "language" "english"
    }
    "MountedDepots"
    {
    "228984" "3215975441341951460"
    "228985" "5758075142805954616"
    "365961" "2723714950451089839"
    }
    "InstallScripts"
    {
    "0" "_CommonRedist\\vcredist\\2012\\installscript.vdf"
    "1" "_CommonRedist\\vcredist\\2013\\installscript.vdf"
    "2" "installscript-directx.vdf"
    }
    }

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Same here, steam since it moved, my manifest is pretty much the same as yours, file sizes and dates being the only differences, which is what I would expect.

7. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Ok so i let it go once just to see... It has downloaded every single peice of content i have got from the steam store. (and is now verifyibng and installing it all again.. No idea why it had to download everything i already had again... Very strange.

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I have the same issues. I am using the latest dX11 build. Firstly it will not download my subscribed items, which is minimal then periodically or when I do an integrity check it downloads 90+ items @ 10.5GB. It's a complete mess with package files being duplicated & stored all over the place and whilst being stored in three different locations (rf2\packages, workshop\content & workshop\downloading). I have even noticed packages that are installed also being kept as cache packages. This weird behaviour is completely chewing my SSD.

I have no other problems with other games & I have unsubscribed from all items & deleted all packages whilst starting again however the problem still remains.

Any clues to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated..

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Mine only did it once and i never had the problem again. However when some of the big modding teams release new mods i ocassionally get a large download.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

My problem is continuous. Some dev input would be nice however as it is very unlikely I managed to trick steam into not downloading the unwanted 10GB by altering the rF2 manifest file. I changed the "statesflag" to 4 & made the "BytesDownloaded"& "BytesToDownload" equal each other. I then subscribed to two items & only one downloaded. The one that didn't was the original Malaysian Track. I can not preform an integrity check as it alters the manifest file and then the 10GB download kicks off again.

I have read others have had issues with subscribed items not downloading & wierdo downloads like I am experiencing. Who is to blame? Steam, ISI or 397?

12. MRTPARKER

MRTPARKER Registered

This is happening to me. This is going to be the second time I have do this. I don't have a lot of technical know how so I don't know how to check the folder and stuff. I don't have a lot of internet so I guess I'm doing playing rfactor2. It's frustrating as this is the only pc game I have for racing and I just gut my wheel a few weeks ago