Steam server list with applicable mods, fast dload

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Dec 29, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Last year somebody posted a link on Steam that took you to a server list. You could filter that &
    join open servers. And the best part, any files needed to join a server could be downloaded, and downloaded much faster. Anyone have a link still?

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

In steam menu at the top click on view and select servers.....filters are at the bottom. It is definitely quicker downloading missing content via steam....if the server does not have the missing content in their packages folder, you'll still get the package not available error. Right clicking on server and selecting server info will also tell you if there are a shipload of bots...they'll all be online for the same period of time.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

selecting server info will also tell you if there are a shipload of bots...they'll all be online for the same period of time.
    I liked that so much I added it to https://github.com/TonyWhitley/rF2_serverNotify/releases/tag/V0.8 rF2_serversWithHumans.exe :cool:
    Players who have have been connected for "a time identical to the longest time of anyone playing" are now added to the list of AI players I scraped from the rF2 data files.

Goanna and br444m like this.