Steam download stopping after 12.8MB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jancsi, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Jancsi

Jancsi Registered

Hi,
    I recently decided to make the switch to Steam to be ready for 2017. I requested my key and got it without issues, then when I go to Steam and start downloading the game, it always downloads the first 12.8MB and then it stops! It's driving me crazy. I already researched Google about this issue, played with the Firewall settings, changed my download region on Steam, tried different download throttling settings on Steam, nothing has worked, it always stops at 12.8MB. Help!

Thanks,

Jancsi

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

3. jeremy2311

jeremy2311 Registered

Try clearing download cache and then restart your computer and try again.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@jeremy2311 I can see you're new here, but you just replied to a thread from 2.5 years ago. You're a bit late :D

Bjørn likes this.
  5. Nikmartin

Nikmartin Registered

Thank you, Marcel, for your Link. It is really helpful for me.

6. Crunchy Tricks

Crunchy Tricks Registered

Clearing Library cache, helped me so I guess you should go for steam download stopping error to get resolved. Fingers Crossed :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. nathandev

nathandev Registered

My internet isn't the best, but it's 10M, I used to download games between 700kbs to 1M/s. But I think it might be my internet I checked my download settings on the Steam library to verify my download region. It was set to Beijing (1400Kms away), so I changed it to Shanghai (230kms away) and restarted Steam... It started downloading normally at 1024kbps, I had hoped, but it just stopped again :(

Edit: I found how to fix it https://techloris.com/steam-wont-open/ It only happened when I was scanning for viruses and it always stopped the download. So I stopped the scan and bam, It went back to normal.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  8. Suman Ghosh

Suman Ghosh Registered

Hi there recently I faced the same issue and was searching for the solution on the web when I came across an article with multiple solutions of this specific issue.

I am now able to download the full game using this method:

If the steam server is overloaded then this can also cause the error, so try changing the download region of the Steam.

Follow the steps to do so:

· Launch Steam > click on Steam option

· Now from the drop-down menu > choose Settings.

· Then on the left side > click on Downloads.

· And from the Download Region > choose another region. (Note: Select the one that is not too far from your current location.)

· Check if switching to another steam works for you.

If doing this didn’t solve your problem then try the other methods mentioned in the article – steam download stopping. Best of luck!