Steam and Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by PatB, Jun 10, 2021.

1. PatB

PatB Registered

Hello,
    I am having a really big problem with Steam and Rfactor 2. Since changing my hard drive, I had to reinstall Steam and my games including RFactor2. I am on the 2nd reinstallation. When I launch the game, Steam goes to "No Response" in Windows Task Manager. Choosing "End of task" does not solve anything.

The only way to be able to exit and stop Steam is to shut down the PC by unplugging the power socket because it cannot shut down properly.

Before starting, I check the integrity of the files but nothing is wrong.

Lately, I reinstalled RFactor 2 on demand Steam without understanding why because it could not launch the game ????

So, the verification time especially at the end is very long (see image)

My initial hardware configuration before upgrading to a new SSD hasn't changed.
    So what to do?
    Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wonder if Steam and then rF2 both or either did not fully download before you tried to launch rF2. When you do a rebuild like that, Steam sends EVERYTHING you had installed for rF2 and any other programs you had via Steam.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The "move to different steam library" option may have been better than a full reinstall.

4. PatB

PatB Registered

Unfortunately, all this does not help me because this bug is incomprehensible.
    To run Rfactor2 I still have to check local files otherwise it doesn't work. In addition, the end of the verification is always excessively long.