StaticSwitch

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Guineapiggy, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Can someone explain what StaticSwitch=100.00 means in a reflector? What purpose it serves? In fact, is it possible to get more detailed documentation of what each line means? Perhaps even just in the form of commenting the Joesville SCN file...

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

IIRC, static switch is the range from the current camera at which a static mapper is no longer updated.

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Thanks, that's good to know. Reflections are my only real issue on the track I'm currently working on (save being unable to animate decals etc.). I've created a large internal skybox which is reflected... by about half the track in what might be random patches, what might be extremities. At other parts it seems to be ignored and the external (bright) sky is reflected instead. All three reflection types as well as the mirrors in-cockpit fail to play nicely with it in the same manner - reflected in some places, never everywhere. Is there some box I can check or TDF entry I can add? Some material property I can assign that states 'reflect all of this at any distance' or would it help to break the skybox up in to sub-objects?

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Skybox is obsolete in rFactor2, get rid of it. Check the ISI tutorial.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I've reinstated a skybox for various reasons as explained in other threads.

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Seems odd, but don't bother with an URL ;)