"Starting secure connection with commerce servers." No network connection attempted.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Smokersroom, Jan 10, 2012.

1. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

Nothing to report at mo mate, except I saw in another thread some guy fixed it by re-installing windows, I know it seems dramatic but ive done worse to get a game going (bought a whole new PC), and I guess its about time I formatted really.
    Will try it over the weekend and see what occurs, as by the looks of it, it does seem to be our end and not a software bug?

2. coolmike

coolmike Registered

I think I'll wait till the final version comes out anyway, got some other games I can catch up on in the meantime......hope the other guys figure out this problem, good luck:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  3. Prairie

Prairie Registered

I'm also connected wirelessly. So, just as others have advised I enabled my motherboard's onboard LAN device in the BIOS, rebooted, and I was finally able to use the specified purchase procedures.

Some of my other programs, such as steam and my old Battlefield 2 game (and sometimes IE as well), have problems finding my wireless connection as well. But I think that this is because I occasionally tether my 4G phone to my computer (which creates an additional dialup connection) and this somehow effects the other programs as they try to use the unconnected 4g dialup connection.

Related? I don't know. But something seems to be confusing the activation portion of the rFactor 2 launcher. Anyway, the enabling the motherboard's LAN adapter (even though it's not connected) seems to work. Thanks for the tip guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  4. 17 re

17 re Registered

Hi, I only have the wireless connection and not the Lan connection, how can I do it?

Thanks
    Luciano

5. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

Will server issue be resolved ?

6. Polishboy808

Polishboy808 Registered

Same thing here. I only have my wireless adapter showing up. Any help?

7. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

Well, waddaya know, formatted and re-installed Windows and it works! Joy!! :D

8. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

was i supposed to download something before insatlling rfactr2 exe ?

9. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

nevermind, had to enable LAN

10. Racerbamf

Racerbamf Registered

Below are the steps I used to purchase Rfactor 2:

• Download Rfactor 2 on my main PC via torrent
    • Install onto my main PC
    • Copy the installed directory onto a USB drive
    • Plug the USB drive into my laptop
    • Go through the purchase process on the laptop after running from the USB drive
    • Take the USB drive back to the main PC and copy everything back
    • Run on main PC but not get login button

The reason I used the laptop to purchase it was because the wired network on my motherboard for my main PC is broken, while the one on my laptop works.

Is there a way to get it working on my main PC?

*edit* I had a thought that I could get a cheap network card and plug it in. I'll give this a go tomorrow afternoon after dropping into the computer store.

Thanks in advance.

-Racerbamf

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  11. Racerbamf

Racerbamf Registered

Adding a network card worked. I'm now able to activate it on my main PC.

-Racerbamf

12. 007700887

007700887 Registered

I have this problem and I am on windows 7 too with a wireless connection. I was able to play this normally but now it is doing this and i cannot remember what I changed or if I did change anything.. I've tried irunning it in compatablity mode and as an administrator but I cannot enable LAN and it still doesnt work!

13. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

New issue

I have a server that I run rF1 on and have installed rF2 latest build 69 full setup.exe and I have this issue.

I dont have an option for a lan connection and have run the exe as an admin, any other ideas that are different to that already posted?

Help from someone who runs a server from a source outside their home provider would be best!

14. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

I run a VPS server by the way and when I run the launcher and select the payment option I get this error message...

"A detectable CPU, permanent storage device, and Ethernet or wireless (802.11) card are required to purchase the simulation. Currently, this application cannot detect these components. If these components are available and you believe this message is an error, please contact support@rfactor.net"

Its a bit hard to turn to the server host and ask them to provide my server with this request. Is this happening as expected due to beta issues and that I have nothing to worry about?