Starting lights not working + wrong wall textures (standard rF2 wall boards)

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Frenky, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people,

I may have a simple question for you, the more experienced track modders. I changed the Monaco track in my F1RFT2013 mod (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-v1-18-modification-(based-on-F1RFT2013-v1-1)) for another one found on the internet. Everything is working fine, even the DRS is working only on the start/finish straight.
    But two things are wrong. 1, the starting lights aren't working. They are there, but the lamps don't turn red at the start of a race.
    2. The wall / bill boards do have the standard (black and red) rF2 textures.

I guess that some file may have a wrong path reference and/or file name inside, or this track doesn't have a particular texture file. I already checked the GDB file for references, but that seems to be oke to me.
    Can someone put me into the right direction to look for? Thanks in advance!

2. redapg

redapg Registered

I would say that there is something wrong with the material-settings of the gmt's or/and wrong/missing entries in the *.scn file. Another "quick-conversion" of a track, it seems.....

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you! I'm now researching the references in the scn file. May well be wrong search paths in there.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

With wrong paths, so that the game won't be able to find objects/textures, you would get an error-message ;).

Look at if the STARTLIGHT/STARTGLOW Instance-entries are available in the *.scn.

If yes, the Startlight/-glow meshes will have wrong material-settings.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks for pointing me to that entry. I will take a look.
    Yeah, you're right; the search paths weren't wrong.