start/pit lights

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by bulletman04, May 14, 2014.

1. bulletman04

bulletman04 Registered

hi, so i have found a topic based around my question, seen here:

Start/Pit Lights:

I believe the objects need to be named: StartLight, StartGlow, PitLightIn, PitGlowIn, PitLightOut, PitGlowOut
    All lights and glow objects should have an on/off texture. Everything is done in-material.
    Animation Source=Texture Maps
    Animation Data: Manual, Name: <YourTexName>.dds, Frames=2, Rate=1.0, Seq.=(see below)
    Each glow off texture is basically a completely transparent texture.
    <YourTexName>00.dds is the “off” texture, <YourTexName>01.tga is the “on” texture.

Start Lights:

Animation sequence of 5 lights (4 red, 1 green), where the 4 red lights light up one at a time, then go out for the green light, they are: (I don't know if it is 100% necessary to have exactly 5 lights).
    First red light (rdlta, rdltglowa): 0,1,1,1,1,0
    Second red light (rdltb, rdltglowb): 0,0,1,1,1,0
    Third red light (rdltc, rdltglowc): 0,0,0,1,1,0
    Fourth red light (rdltd, rdltglowd): 0,0,0,0,1,0
    Green light (grlta, grltglowa): 0,0,0,0,0,1

Pit Lights:

Yellow/Blue ligh (ylopitla, ylopitglowa)t: 0,1,0
    Green light (grpitla, grpitglowa): 1,1,0
    Red light (rdpitla, rdpitglowa): 0,0,1

Now i'm not sure which shader to use to map the glow and the lights. I realise i have to have to have two seperate objects for glow and light for each light i have. i dont know if i have to map to materials to one texture. EG. RDLT01 and RDLT00 for the on off stages.

any help would be really much appreciated, otherwise i will have to purchase 3dsimed to see configuration of ready made lights

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

T1 works just fine.

Just make sure light- and glow materials are emissive. Then you need set glow material transparent (Source Alpha - Destination Inv Alpha) as well.

Cheers!

3. bulletman04

bulletman04 Registered

Ok cheers. If I have to map the rdlt00 and rdlt01 to the glow object, how would I do that with a t1 shader, as there is only one material slot?

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

You don't have to map rdlt00 or rdlt01 at all. Those textures will be used on animation over base texture (rdlt.dds), which you assign on T1 texture slot. Map base texture to your startlight object.

Actual startglow object uses different texture with blend transparency, but mapping and animation works same way as startlight object.

Cheers!

Sent from my RM-821_eu_finland_207 using Tapatalk

5. bulletman04

bulletman04 Registered

Thankyou, it makes a lot more sense now!

To create the glow object. (The mess of polys)
    Do I just create a few planes and apply the rdlt glow t1 material to each and just rotate them to get the desired 'messy' shape?

Regards

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yes, exactly. :)

7. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I have another problem.

Pitglowout light yellow and exactly that show oncoming car postre start-finish light up when the car is in the second sector. Should light up when cars are, for start-finish straight.

Where it sets, and how can I fix it?