#SR4L Lola Fun Race Sebring 24hr time scaled

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Fergy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I meant the suggested restart :p

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Someday you have to show me how to do that ;)

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

It's easy, overcook a corner and watch as your rear overtakes your front :D

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But I guess mr nikos did it on purpose, to distract his opponents.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

they didnt bite lolol, they just kept lapping me, common guys, there must be a limit for this :D

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

LOL - if you overtook yourself twice too than you had a close race with Hedlund :)

Regarding restart i really dont get it. There are almost always crashes at the start, but what qualifies for a restart? Personally i think only something very technically like a rf2 bug, but not a driver failure. When theres a restart cause of a driver failure, why istn there a restart on the next start cause of a driver failure, and why isnt ... and so on. Thats why alot of racers are very carefully to not get involved in a crash on start.

7. Knight of Redemption

Yes Nicos tried just that during practice, lots of smoke and drama...but I've seen that trick before and didn't fall for it :D

Nikos the aliens never get tired of humiliating us humble mortals, if they see us they just have to lap us :rolleyes:

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

(and we did have a close race with Hedlund, some laps close that is :rolleyes:)

9. Knight of Redemption

Its a difference of scale, a small indecent yes but today was carnage, multi car pile ups. No matter how good a driver you are there is no avoiding cars flying at you from all directions. I was lucky and got through two pile ups unscathed and ended up 4th or 5th but pulled over because I was so sure there would be a restart...okay my fault I guess but the point is I would not have worried about losing that place due to a restart because I was only there because faster drivers were knocked out at the start. I would rather have a fair race with a full field than gain a lucky position just because of a couple of multi car pile ups in the first couple of corners...in fact I think the first one was on the start straight.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

the difficult part is having to be fair and let them pass easily.
    (oh, how I wish I could sneekily drop grenades after me when I see them coming after me...)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm never worried when closing in on nikos, I know he is always fair (no grenades so far). But I try to be fair too (I hope I am).

12. Knight of Redemption

Maybe we could put that on the wish list :D I have no problem with most of them, they wait until there is a good clear place for you to let them by. There are the odd one or two though that deserve a grenade up the exhaust pipe he he.

13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes thats for sure, nikos is always fair. You wont get grenades, bananas is different story:

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That would be a sight :D

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I told you once Vittorio, dont sell our secrets to the enemy!!

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Oh sorry, almost forgot our agreement, shhhhhhhh!

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Well, I had a great start! My daughter was sick so I totally missed qualify. Started from the back of the field and after the first lap I was 10th, not bad considering I did no practice. Obviously I managed to avoid the massive accidents and that is why I gained the places.

Unfortunately, I failed to switch on the lights in time. Not sure if I got a warning, but I never saw anything text on the screen :( Also, it was still totally daylight, so it did not come to my mind to switch on the headlights.

I was instantly disqualified and have to admit that I was quite disappointed and left with a bad taste in my mouth as I was having fun :(

Next time, I will switch on the lights from the beginning, but I think that this lights thing sucked to be honest.

18. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Yes, the light switch needs improving for sure, an audio warning would help. You get about 10 seconds to react, if you miss the message your gone. Mid corner your a monty to miss it. I put them on as soon as it started getting dark.