#SR4L Lola Fun Race Sebring 24hr time scaled

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Fergy, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Been trying to join the server for days but the Get Mod function fails at every attempt...looks like I will not make this one either.

2. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

3. Knight of Redemption

Damn didn't spot that...LOL thanks mate.

Edit...Ah, that is the car...I have that and all the tracks, it's the series mod you need to connect to the server. That is the one I cannot get.

4. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

It was a great night.
    Lot of fun!

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Great race, bad luck for the start crashes that ruined some races (including mine).

a replay from my own view

6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I am sorry for whining about a restart while the race was going on. But i was really upset, because my poitn of view of the start crash was the following:

It looks like MikeP is moving over to me deliberatly.
    Anyhow, what upset me more, was that so many people were crashing, all asking for a restart, but we didn't restart. Whats the harm of restarting the race half a lap after the start? For many guys, including me, this resulted in an very frustrating hour...lonely doing the laps and thinking what a fun race this could have been.

7. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Here is the full video of my terrible first lap (all went terrible there),
    Very scary moment at 1:00 :eek:
    Also I hit Adam T from behind at 1:29 , sorry mate :(, I was trying to overtake you when you also turned the same direction I was heading to avoid your damaged car.

Note: important not to overtake during yellow flags as it was at turn 2-3-4 (don't know if you get a penalty there but I was aware of it)

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

A big discussion is this about restarts, but generally scheduled races must start and finish within schedule, otherwise they are..unscheduled :)
    People come to these races with their own timetable, so if we start restarting, we destroy it.
    Please have that in mind, we all understand frustration of someone left out, but there is nothing to be done about it, or we ruin ALL peoples race.

9. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

It would have been a delay of 1 minute.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Its a matter of principle JJ, either you get it, or you dont ;)
    In any way, please take this to our forum.

11. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Yes, i can understand that priciple when there are three races, as we normaly have. But when there is only one race and that gets ruined for almost everyone...then i really don't get it.

12. Knight of Redemption

A simple matter of shortening the race by 5 mins keeps it on schedule, and ensures a fun race remains fun for all...I'm sure the world wouldn't end for the sake of five mins.

13. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

In my opinion the fact for no restarting comes more in not screwing the race of people who were lucky there. All that happened was racing stuff. If accidents were due to somebody's sudden lag or something not caused by human fault, then I'd consider restarting as something necesary.

But, imagine we restart the race. And at the restart only Marcel gets hit by someone and only his race gets ruined so race is not restarted. Would that race restart have been fair to him?

14. Knight of Redemption

Not a matter of fair or not fair, there were two major incidents spoiling many peoples race in less than one lap, not one racing indecent. You are not comparing like with like.

15. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

OMG gorka i would have punched a hole through my screen lol kudos for staying with it ;)

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I had a fun race. Thank you guys :D

I entered server with only 20 minutes of quali left and was a bit stressed and I only succeed to do one clean lap. But I got 7th and I'm happy with that. In the start I was a bit unprepared because I had not the right amount of fuel and had no idea how many laps it would be. I think I started with fuel for 23 laps only. Bad start and I saw cars flying all around me. I was not involved in anything of it except touched a car that fell down from heaven right in front of me after 1st turn. No damage and I continued in 6th position.

When the night came I was 3rd and everything was just fine and car in front of me (marcel i think?) -10 seconds and car behind me +3 seconds. But in the morning I started wondering about the time because I had no clock near me and had no idea how much time left. I lost concentration and I stay on track until I had only fuel for 1 lap left and then had to do my pitstop. After pitstop I was 7th again and my new tires didn't work very well. Rest of the race was a disaster. I took 2 positions but lost it in the end :p

I'm not used to 1 hour races. I was quite sweaty and exhausted after the race :eek: But at least I overtook nikos twice :rolleyes: lol

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Concerning the disastrous start and race restart... I think it was the right thing to let race continue.
    Someone will always be unsatisfied after first corner ;)

18. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Robert, you can see the time left at the Hud where you get all split times and car status info.

19. Knight of Redemption

What race restart? and of course all those that missed the mayhem would be happy to carry on, but there were multiple pile ups, not just one or two cars. Ah well...no point in flogging a dead horse :)

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ermm, I almost overtook myself there...