Spotter / Crewchief / Team radio suggestion help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 18, 2011.

1. corsa

corsa Registered

Some good ideas in this thread, I've skimmed through them all but am at work, so if this is a repeat, please forgive me.

I know some people have said they'd like to turn the spotter on/off, which I agree with. And people have mentioned oval/road racing modes, which is also a great idea.

In addition, I'd like to see another couple of modes, maybe something like "vintage" and "modern", or "telemetry" and "non-telemetry", something like that. The idea is that some cars (F1 cars, for example) have telemetry the teams can see, so it is realistic to get notifications on things like low tire pressures, high engine temps, warnings to keep your revs low, things like that. But in other cars, they may still have pit radios but no realtime telemetry. So it would be cool to turn off those telemetry-related transmissions, but still be able to get transmissions about people pitting, safety car warnings, etc.

Also, a full-on vintage, no-radio mode with pit boards as mentioned earlier would be another cool option.

1 person likes this.
  2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

+1

3. bander

bander Registered

half of the things that have been here but would already be well. SPANISH we also please many in the world.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry if I suggest things that already have been mentioned, but it is not doable to read ALL the suggestions made here.....

So, a few things that come to mind next to the obvious and the things I did read are:

- Warning for worn tires or tires getting hot
    - warning in warm up lap if you did not heat up the tires and brakes enough (trigger temps and halfway on the track so you can still do something about it)
    - warning or info if someone is closing into you or somebody spun in front (so you can push a bit harder, he's coming closer)
    - warning for potential problems with the car; oil getting to hot or coolant for instance but damage on the car too and how serious this is.
    - "Mind the white line" for pit exiting.

I hope there are some new ones :)

5. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

So turn the spotter off/down.

Team speak [or Ventrillo] must make your life miserable:D

6. Zizza

Zizza Registered

would be interesting to be able to communicate vocally for details of the spotter
    for example
    driver: "spotter?"
    Spotter: "yes?"
    D: "last lap time"
    S: "1.52.000"

naturally the conversation start when you pushing a button

sorry for my english

7. Slider

Slider Registered

Hi Tim,

Any updates likely in the next few months for the rf2 spotter / crewchief / team radio? The rest of the rf2 beta is just brilliant, super smooth and ffb I've always wished for in a sim!

Cheers

Slider

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I wanted to add this as a suggestion but since it's been mentioned I'll just add my +1.

During FCY on ovals you sometimes can't see your pit box :)

Of course countdown is good for pitboxes further down the pitlane, but if your pit box is at beginning of pitlane you should be warned about it before you actually enter pitlane.

And perhaps "Check your mirrors" message when you're about to be released from pit box :)
    It's just so common for people to look in mirrors after they released clutch instead of before.

9. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

I'm late to the party, but to add my two cents:

By far the most important feature is ability to turn it off.

I've yet to hear this spotter everyone keeps talking about. I guess it's not working on my install.

The only messages I'd be interested to hear are lap times and damage reports.