Spotter / Crewchief / Team radio suggestion help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 18, 2011.

1. SeKa

SeKa Registered

I would like have rF2 with selectable options in case of spotter, with sub options. But I don´t need the spotter to much, just for less few points. Because I am most talking with my Teammate, during a race, too much of a good thing disturbs.

I would like to see more, like rFDynHUD.(CTDP) This overlay needs to build in to the game(or in this manner) Customizable to your needs. Informations over screen disturbs me much less, as a spotter, who babbles at the uncontrollable time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Bty

Bty Registered

/oftopic joke

I want Cartman voice
    The track is in like'n a ovul shape, so we a gonna go straight and then turn leyeftt!!

3. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Or have an in game option to record you own easily instead of using a 3rd Part software app and get the right formats etc etc.

4. DeDios

DeDios Registered

Personally i hope rF2 spotter will be similar to Spotter Plugin for rF1. Was simply great IMHO. i LOVE it.

5. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

On of the problems for me when I switched from F1C to rF was the pretty much lack of pit radio with all kinds of useful info.
    I use it a lot. One if its major flaws was that it refers to the drivers in a way, that you need to be watching the race on a couch with beer and live timing to understand :)

Spotter at least as an option must refer to other cars by their numbers. Because that nearly always works. You can't have audio samples for all the names. And when I'm 3rd and I'm told that car in 15th position is gaining on me I don't know who the f.. that is or if I should even care.

6. rci808

rci808 Registered

finally!

7. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Count down to pit box.
    Leader pitting.
    Laps of fuel left per request button. (NASCAR Style where there is not Fuel Gages)
    Pit Road Speed Warnings.
    Can not continue car is too dmaged.
    Go, Go, Go when leaving pitbox.
    Pit Air Guns for Tires being changed.
    Taking Left Side Tires.
    Taking Right Side Tires.
    Fuel Only.
    Taking 4 Tires.
    Comments to fix damage or while fixing damage.
    Stay on the Apron when leaving pits.
    ========================
    That is just a few ideas.
    I would get some of these spotter plugins for rF1 and check them out for ideas as well.
    Some pretty cool stuff in all of them.
    I had a special one made made for Stockcar Evolution by GTRL Spotter.
    Lots of triggers would be great to be able to customize spotter per MOD.

Regards,
    Mike S.

8. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

It would be a good idea if the spotter said whatever settings are selected in pit menu one you've pressed 'pit request'. In this case you'd be able to decide if any corrections need to be made without even looking.

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

When someone is saying something to you, you have to pay attention to that at that particular moment. So, you are in the middle of a fight for position, have to pit at the end of the lap you just started. You do pit request and... at that moment, I wold like to have it like in rF 1. I can look at settings when I'm comfortable to do so (like on any short straight), rather than pay attention to what spotter is saying, while I'm in the middle of a corner. Of course the feature itself is OK, but might not be that useful as you might think...at least in my opinion.

10. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

If yellow flags are going to be reported then I would suggest the return to green is also reported for that sector.

11. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I guess different drivers deal with visual and audio information and distribute attention somewhat differently. That's why not only this feature but many others should be configurable separately.

12. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Some way to keep in touch with the cars you are racing, the ones who may pit out of sequence but once things come around you end up racing, a bit tricky unless its something you can nominate during the race like with one of the action menus, almost like subscribing to updates or something.

Say from the gap menu if you scroll through and highlight the driver ahead of you and when he pits you hit enter on his name to subscribe to updates on this driver during the race. The engineer can then say if you are faster or slower than that driver or what times you need to do on your in / out laps to stay ahead of him or some such. It could work really well and its the one thing that annoys me that when im racing its very hard to keep track of a driver you know your meant to race but you may have track position over him.

Thoughts?

13. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Thats pretty cool idea Ferret. So instead of getting updates from the drivers immediately around you, you could specify a "key" driver or two and the updates come in relation to them.

I like that one.

14. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Pretty much. Say specify race specific thin such as driver a will be on a different strat keep an eye on him or I've had a shocking race give me updates on my championship rival even

15. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

Hi guys,

I fear that so much oral information could be a bit distracting, some people, like me, turn off most informations on the screen in order to keep concentration at its top, so I think every one has its own opinion about oral instructions.

I mean, if it can be muted, for all or a part, that's a really good idea to tell a lot of informations, but else, it would create problems for drivers like me.

Thanks

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Sorry, but resources are a grounds for what I wrote that spotter should be left to community for development. See rF1 original ISI spotter, which has been dropped in half a way. If you don't understand it, your fault.

But do not threaten me any time you over-interpret my answers or you just don't agree with them, even if you asked for those. Of course technically you can ban any one you wish, but you have no rights to do that until forum rules are not violated. On the other hand, interesting is that you don't touch posters being rude to each other, but rather who are posting in polite way.

best regards

PS. This post was intended to be sent on PM but you have PMs disabled.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Possibly for road course racing i agree, but for oval racing, a good spotter is essential, and that means lots of information throughout a lap.

18. Slothman

Slothman Registered

SG333 I think Gimli is trying to say as long as the spotter is an option, he would be cool with it.

Maxym. Personally its their forum they can do what they want, rules or no rules.....and I wouldnt be too surprised if we dont hear from you again after that post.....

19. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Spotter needs to let you know there is a wreck ahead of you.

Have an on or off swith for each trigger in the config file so individuals can listen to everything or just the things they need to hear.

20. Hiway

Hiway Registered

Glad you said it because i read his comment and it ticked me off. Obviously he didn't read what you said just wanted to play a know it all and just made himself look the fool. People like that irritate me.

Back on topic. I'd like to hear:
    What position just entered the pits and if they get a penalty leaving the pits.
    If a car is say about .050 behind "he's looking inside" and obviously if he get to .000 he is inside and say it, BUT if gets to about the door panel "he has the position be smart here" and if it's say 10 to go " it's 10 to go bud don't give up the spot. Time to get up on the wheel driver if you like your job." lol.
    If the car behind me is a lap down and turning faster laps to let me know that car is a lap down to just let him go I'm not racing him for position.
    If I'm fastest in a 5-10 lap average run let me know I'm the fastest car on the track. Not every lap because 1 lap isn't gonna tell me nothing about how to win the race. Same goes for being to slow. How much slower am i on average compared to the leader?

What i don't wont to see:
    Don't have the crew chief tell us to the minute or lap when it's going to rain. Really people? Do we want a racing sim or a EA console game? Sure, tell us there's a chance for it and it could be a sprinkle or could be a down poor or looks like it could last a while. Anything more than that and there's nothing real about it. Give us a idea but keep that random. Please.