Spent about 5-6 Hours trying to get multiplayer to work

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by billybilly, Mar 17, 2019.

1. billybilly

billybilly Registered

So went though the process of the server not showing up, then by buddy being able to connect, while I could not, then I could connect, and he could not..and some variation of those. So, we finally got it working, after going through all the steps of port forwarding, putting a command into the settings, changing a json file, turning off plugins, and some combination of the three....raced a few races with my buddy, though we had it licked. So, we decide to check out another track....pretty much had to start all over on server issues listed above, when nothing changed other than the track...so we decided to see if the track we got to work would work, nope. I have 9 hours on my steam counter, and all but 1 of them was spent trying to play this game with my buddy.

I give up. I can not understand how a game in this day age that charges $32.00 and on it's store pages promotes "multiplayer" and has such incompetent mechanisms for online multiplayer.

3lfk1ng likes this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

welcome to rfactor!
    while the pure feel of the car while driving (if you drive) is really unreached by any other sim out there, everything around it is quit tricky and unintuitive, compared to modern sims if your not familiar with old sims (every ISI based sim)