Specular issues with car body in rf2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by bison160, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mianiak

mianiak Registered

[ED] DOH! *makes note to refresh page after waiting a few hours before posting.

2. bison160

bison160 Registered

our friend with the painted on spec just doesn't get it. You are using black which means there are NO specular reflections being put on your car. And it is painfully obvious by looking at your car material. And if you think that looks good or realistic, then more power to you.

It is definitely a shader issue. I have played with the fresnel settings a little bit after learning more about how they work.

KSczech has nailed it on the head here. And just to let you know, with your shaders, The car looks absolutely gorgeous. Its like a high res render running around the track.

Here's to hoping ISI can get with the picture and update the shaders to something useful.

3. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

hi mad

you can't have a global reference actually. all textures are differents and need some propers spec, cubes, bump, mult, add etc.
    moreover, there are some renders you'll like than i don't, or i'll like and you don't, etc.

the best way is to watch how a car you like is made and search something close by watching their textures. you'll see that a little differences on some setups can make a huge difference ingame ;) that's why you have to know all parameters, what they do, to make the render that YOU want ^^

bye

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It's a bug and it's been reported. Don't forget that this is a beta and there will be bugs. Move onto the next thing and come back to this after the next update. :)

5. bison160

bison160 Registered

Yep, thats all we can ask for, and that was my intent with the thread. It started out with an issue I thought was on my end, but once it was discovered it was in the software, my only intent was to try to provide as much info as I could so the guys at ISI can fix the problem. Thanks to everyone for their help and good luck to ISI!