[REL] SpecMiata 1.00

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Yup, that's the same problem I faced. It looks like speedsensitive steering to me, at low speeds the steering is very twitchy and there's a lot of steering lock. Once you get past first gear it's fine. I really hope there's someone who knows a thing or two about modding cars in rF2 who knows how to fix the issue. If someone manages to do so, would you be willing to release a new version with the fix Plickbadger?

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

NO!

3. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

You have a strange way of answering questions in my opinion, but at least it's clear.. I hope someone else is able to make the finishing touches to this mod, as it's a nice mod.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for your car PlickBadger, very nice. I totally missed your beta thread. Drove it up PikesPeak mountain track twice at full speed. Easy car to drive, great car to learn rFactor2 with.
    Subb'ed to your Youtube channel.
    cheers
    DJC

5. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Just because you have some obscure 270 degree steering issue, doesn't make this an unfinished mod. I suggest you buy a real steering wheel and join the 21st century. And then make a concerted effort to quit crapping on a release thread!

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Tim, please close this thread

7. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thanks PB for more wonderful work. Great fun driving this lil guy.

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Please, reconsider your request.

It is nice to read the comments about your creation and, if few users are unsatisfied, many other are happy for the quality of your mod.

9. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Don't sweat it mate, not worth it. As you said you can't please everyone, and certain users in this forum post things like that in almost every car mod thread. I don't mind what these "experts" say, your mod is brilliant and lots of fun. And i think that overall, you received alot of positive feedback from everyone else.

Thanks again for your efforts :)

10. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Finally had a chance to give the final version a shot, haven't ran it since the initial release. First of all, the viewpoint is perfect now, thanks for fixing that! Everything else is just downright amazing as well. The ffb feels wonderful, and exactly how I'd expect it to. The physics I'm sure are spot on, though I have very little experience in real life with this car, I'm convinced nonetheless. The cars look good on track too, so it really is the full package.

I sincerely hope that this car becomes popular online. In my opinion, it has a nice beginner's feel like the Clio, but a very natural mastery curve like the Skip Barber. Anyone can race this car, only the most determined will win with it...a perfect combo for online competition. This truly is an awesome and much needed addition to the rF2 lineup, thanks yet again PB!

PS: Any chance we can talk about TMS in the future? :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh yeah, everyone's an expert in here...

It's simply amazing, I repeat A-FUDGING-MAZING that a few entitled people are able to drag a 1.00 release thread down in the muck like that.

This trend is really coming into style here on the forums.
    This absurd tendency where everyone suddenly is an expert (most times concerning cars they have never driven irl).
    And saying this mod isn't finished, when the modder says it is finished... Just absurd.

Well yeah, that's how it is I guess. We had to wave goodbye to Pleclair a few weeks ago, and I guess maybe we'll have to initiate our prefered waving arm again.
    Shape up people, please! We get what we get, this is free and made in poster's valuable spare time.
    We cannot afford that another bright, talented modder is chased away.

12. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

+1

13. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Great reply LOL (I thought the same)

I once again thank you for your time and effort to make this fantastic car. It's really is a very enjoyable drive.
    Everyone where I race that have driven it all said how much they like this car. The feel of this car on track is making rF2 shine for me

Like Max said please reconsider don't be put off posting by the self entitled few....

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+ 1

16. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

First of all, sorry for getting pissed.

I've been dealing with these two guys for the entire beta thread. I addressed one their issues regarding camber abuse. I clearly told the other that I couldn't even recreate or test his issue, so I had no way of addressing it.

It's not possible for a one man show to resolve every minute issue. I did my best to address major issues and concerns before making a release.

It's just frustrating and pretty disheartening to attempt to contribute to the community these days.

17. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Basically the problems is kids pretending they are what they are not.

PlickBadger many many thanks for such a great piece of modding. Hope every 'expert' here was able to create mods half as good as this one.

18. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Dont blame you at all brother.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

First of all, you have no need to apologize to anyone, at all.
    You're the one who has to put up with all that childish nonsense.

Secondly, I think you're right. Parts of this community has taken a turn for the worse.
    In a lot of threads the tone is just downright ungrateful and self entitled. It's really sad. No wonder you're getting fed up with it.

Last but not least; you have made such a wonderful car mate. It's a pleasure to drive, and I can't wait to spend even more time with it.
    You should really be very proud of what you have achieved here. That Miata really is the bomb! :)

20. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

1- Step 1, ignore
    2- Step 2, move on

Even if majority thanked you, theres allways someone who dont.
    Mooding is a passion and not an obligation. Even worse when its free work delivered to the community.
    Simracing is what it is cause of the open modding scene along the past decade, which was based on free share between all people involved.
    Today its not like that. People tend to point fingers to everything, specially when its free.

Ignore. Keep the feedback to learn and bring mods to the community. Believe, the majority will be apreciated, as i am.