Special

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J0E, Sep 15, 2020.

1. J0E

J0E Registered

I've been driving in RF2 for years and for the first time tonight I noticed that my name appears in the credits under Special Thanks. That was a cool thing to do in my mind.

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

My name used to appear in the Special Thanks section but that was with an older build version. My name doesn't appear now with the latest build. I would check to see which version of the game your running.

3. J0E

J0E Registered

Build 1121. I don't like the new UI in VR, so I'm not signed up for that though.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The thankyou in the credits goes all the way back to rF1. the exact build number can be found in Steam. Go to the Steam Library, right click on rFactor2 and then select Local Files. At the bottom of that window/box will display the build number. Mine is 5508141.

5. J0E

J0E Registered

Mine is 5508421.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My fault, I was using the new UI. That is what accounts for the different build numbers. When I opted out of the beta, then the result changed to match yours. You are as up to date as I am.

7. J0E

J0E Registered

That makes sense. Maybe they killed the Special Thanks thing in the new UI. I've never been one to sit through the credits so this is the first time I've noticed it and I've been doing RF2 for at least six years.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What made you sit through it this time? :p

mantasisg likes this.
  9. J0E

J0E Registered

I have had an issue where running CrewChief4 and VoiceAttack causes VoiceAttack to crash in RF2. It appears to be the sharedmemory dll file. So I was doing other stuff gathering information when I thought I saw my name on scrolling on the screen. So I had to watch it a second time to make sure that senility isn't setting in already. I think I saw your name, Lazza, in the big cheese section of the credits, but I wouldn't swear to it.