Sound issues

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by juanarg70, Jun 2, 2017.

1. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Hi, I have a problem on a car I converted from rf1 to rf2. While downshifting theres no engine sound. If I downshift and press the throttle.. the engine sounds normally.
    The starter also goes on continously.

Any suggestion would be apreciated!!

2. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi,

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to sounds. but i think the way RF2 uses sounds is different from RF1 the structure of the directory. so you need to make sure the directory in your SFX file points to correct location.

check each line and see how it relates.

check if its when you lift throttle the sounds is gone, or if its just downshifting, inside or outside. then look for the corresponding line in the SFX file for your car.
    etc.

VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_1=1.2,SkipBarber\skipb_in_idle.wav

3. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Everything seems about right in respect to folder direction. check this video and it could clarify whats going on.

Downshifting without throttle first and then using a bit of throttle.

4. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

i'm not quiet sure, to me it sounds like there is sound when you are off throttle but its quiet? which is "Coast" sounds.

juanarg70 likes this.
  5. juanarg70

juanarg70 Registered

Nice suggestion.. I think it worked!! I dont know if this was the right way of doing this but I've notice a definite improvement in sound while coasting. Had to put high volume values.. near 10.0 to make them noticeable. Thanks!!

Daniel Surace likes this.
  6. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

No worries. Glad it worked :). I'm no expert on the matter. If you look in the Dev folder and use the skip barber sfx file as an example.i think it explains a bit about what each line does. Might be helpful