Sound Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Mathai, Jan 11, 2019.

1. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

I have a strange sound problem. It's not a huge deal but it is just weird and I was wondering if it's rFactor 2 or my headphones. Sometimes some of the sound effects cut out when I slow down. The cockpit sounds very realistic, but occasionally when I go into a low speed corner, some of the sounds cut out. I can still hear the engine, but it's like all the in-cockpit echo/wind sound and stuff is gone. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Thanks guys for your responses, but I just fixed it. Turns out my headphones can't handle 7.1 output; once I turned it down to 5.1 sounds were fine.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Could you upload a video or share a sound file?
    Maybe this could help to answer your question.:)
    Cheers

3. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

Will do as soon as possible (probably sometime tomorrow)

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

• Ist, check your connections of cables, soundcard, volume control (if you have an external one), poor connections can easily experience audio cut-out.
    • Try a different audio-mode in rF2, some work better than others in my experience. The surround option may have more issues with cut-out from my experience.
    • Test different soundcard features (Enhancements). Generally, you should get more consistent results with enhancements disabled but, you might want to try Sonic or Dolby Atmos if you use headphones.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not a sound guy, but I wonder if you are exceeding the number of sound elements that you have set in the options. I know the new GT3 cars have a very low volume whine when ABS activates, combine that with tire screech, down-shifting etc. You may want to try and increase the number of sounds in the options. (I hope that is still there!) I'd also perform a FPS test before and after to see if that slows your system down. Good Luck..

Alex72 likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yup, even if changing to 5.1 fixed the issue you can look at the sound options and crank up the number of simultanious sounds to max value. I Think its not max originally.

7. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

I did max it out, thanks though.