Sorry Studio 397 but, or you talk with Oculus people or the game is gone for us...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Cuervo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. mogwai

mogwai Registered

Hey Mark - not sure if you will see this but do you know if there is a thread related to dialing in VR settings for rF2? Just back at it and am running on a system similar to yours. I thought maybe I could piggyback off your effort in trial and error to get mine working well again :)

2. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@mogwai I have been following this thread since the start. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor2-the-vr-thread-settings-tips.55249/ Picked up a lot of useful tips, but my advice remains as posted before. I currently have the latest Nvidia driver installed, use core parking, OC my 3.5 GHz CPU to 4.2 GHZ, use ASUS GPU Tweak11 in Game Mode and turn off any unnecessary background programs. Some have gone the OpneVR route, but I seem to have more issues running that then I do with SteamVR. If you want to see my rF2 settings, I'll try and sort out some pics.

mogwai likes this.
  3. AirplaneRider

AirplaneRider Registered

I also have the exact same problem as the OP. Running minimal background processes, everything is up to date. I want to play RF2, but I just can't due to crashing.

4. txinas

txinas Registered

Do you play with oculus home and steam VR??? Because this conbination is not good to play in rfactor 2. You have to use a oculus version that in not necesary use home and to not use the steam VR use open composite.

5. mogwai

mogwai Registered

Thanks Mark - I guess I read right past that post. I'll work on tweaking it a bit more in the coming couple of weeks. Using SteamVR worked for me but I may reach out to you if I need some additional guidance.

6. AirplaneRider

AirplaneRider Registered

I use Steam VR just as I do with every other racing title I own. What may I ask is "open composite"?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This won't be any help, but if we had a dollar for every time somebody said my gear works perfectly with EVERY other sim,(but not rF2) we could privately fund rF3! ISI built a different animal nearly a decade ago. It has worts. All I can add is, your gear will work, but you will have to invest some time in figuring it all out. Best of Luck!

bwana likes this.
  8. AirplaneRider

AirplaneRider Registered

I think I might have to agree with you here. I have zero problems with everything else, except RF2. The leads one to believe the problem is with RF2. I have a hard time believing that somehow the plugin developers have only screwed up their RF2 implementation. It seems to me that S397 need to tighten up their core code to not allow plugins to crash their game if in fact that is what is doing it.

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

10. txinas

txinas Registered

And the last thing to people. Is recomenbdable that if you use rfactor every actualitation of the build and workshop content you have to delete all in this folder.

Find Userdata/Log/ Cbash ---- Delete all in this folder
    Find Userdata/Log/ Shadders----- Delete all in this folder

And only use pluggin if you are 100x100 secure that work fine.

11. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Sounds like a plugin issue then