Sooo been a while, how do i download rfactor2 now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tweaq, Mar 12, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

He kept repeating that emails weren't answered, but never gave us the address he was writing to. We tried to impress upon him that ISI is completely out of the picture, perhaps he'll see this and understand.

Pluginz likes this.
  2. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Simbin, yep, theyre gone, i agree :)
    One thing though, is i dont have to buy any of my simbin games again. You redeem the online serial on Steam, verify your code, download and it works.
    I did stop playing rF2, but i always had Steam installed. Such a shame how this has been dealt with.

Going to blame all this on the digital era of games. The removal of the old school hard copy (disc). I know Starforce was a pain in the arse, yet there isnt an old Simbin title i cant install or play. Hell, ive even got GTR2 and Power n Glory to install and work amazingly well on a 4th gen i5 and Vista x64.
    Any that dont work on Vista, work well on Win 8.1/10 on Steam.

Kettles boiled

3. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Im now starting to realise that :) Im shocked

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

As some of us are I'm sure.

Pluginz likes this.
  5. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Is Tim still around ?

I suppose i can find this question out by having a look :)

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't seen him in ages, I know who you are talking about, but my old brain can't remember his last name. Goes back to the Papyrus days of Indycar & Nascar & GPL.

Pluginz likes this.
  7. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

You got it :)

March this year i see, 9 months ago.

8. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Things have moved on, the game is changed a lot and for the better. With the pad and playing against the AI or for hotlapping alone is fine. As I told you, the pad gives you the same control you have in GTR2 and RF1.
    As for the content: the official free content in game and the mods available in the workshop will give you plenty of stuff to play and have fun with, no need to buy any dlc.
    And you can get the game for about 5$ buying the steam key from websites like allkeyshop. Just google it.
    Some months ago there was a deal in humblebundle: https://traxion.gg/the-ultimate-racing-sim-bundle-now-available-on-humble-bundle/
    and you missed RF2 and other great racing games.

ISI back then let everybody know that the game was moving to Steam. It's not their fault, really: after all this time, it's only your fault; and the new company can't do nothing for this. The temporal window was large enough.
    Every once in a while you have to check the things you care the most, just like for the other things in life: if you own a house where you don't live, but you don't go to check things for years, you can't really complain if meanwhile something bad happened and nobody warned you.
    I see from your YT channel that you used internet these years: wasn't a big deal checking the news in simracing world.

Pluginz likes this.
  9. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Thank you.

How times have changed. Patreon, Discord. Its all changed

10. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Thanks gianluca, Dave, Mangoletsi.

Youre helping motivate me back into it gianluca. I just didnt expect such a massive change. Its only been recently since i started watching sim racing videos again. Now with search engine programming, seems searching for specific things on the internet seem really difficult to find.
    I did log into these forums about 6 months ago.
    What would of been nice, is if i had received a message or PM in my inbox in this forum to make me aware. I was still none the wiser even having logged into the forums. That would be the first place of contact if you ask me.

Like i said, appreciate the links and info guys, thats helpful :)

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  11. gianluca

gianluca Registered

Lazza likes this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

At the present moment RF2 is offline friendly again. Free content is there, no need to buy it all, AI work better than it has probably ever worked, a lot of bugs have been ironed out , yes other persist, but you can have fun. I play RF2 since it was BETA, and I can say that today is a completely new experience. The only pity is that with a joypad you miss a lot of the fun.

pkelly likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

gianluca likes this.
  14. pkelly

pkelly Registered