Some track materials not defined in TDF

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marek Lesniak, May 17, 2012.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Some materials on tracks created by ISI are not defined in tdf files (or are defined incorrectly), so there are some major and/or minor issues when driving on those tracks with tbc tyre model enabled, in the Dev Mode.
    An extreme example is Mills or Estoril, where I can't even drive out from garage (standing still while wheels are sliding - like with zero grip).
    At Palm Beach, grass and rumble strip materials have that issue so I have to avoid them. Monte Carlo is also affected (the road along the bay).

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

If you open the gmt in notepad and scroll down you can see the material name. I looked in Mills, 'GARAGE_FLOOR.GMT' and saw 'RDCP_BLDPITFLOOR', then checking the Mills.tdf I see the 'rdcp' entry.

When you copied the files into moddev, did you check the path in the gdb? TerrainDataFile = ..\Mills.tdf

I also checked 'GARAGEINT_FLOOR01.GMT' and 'GARAGEINT_FLOOR02.GMT' in Estoril and they also have RDCP material name 'RDCP_GARFLOOR'

3. Marek Lesniak

I didn't, because i just copied all the tracks I need from the Installed directory. That's enough to get them work in the Dev Mode.
    But I also tried the already extracted versions and in for Mills and Estoril, tdf files are correctly defined in correponding gdb files.

When driving on those problematic surfaces, you have no grip at all, like you'd drive on ice.
    Because some tracks are ok and other are not, I presume it's about material definition and/or its properties.

Thanks anyway.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

@LesiU, when you say "with tbc tyre model enabled" do you mean Old Tire Model="1" in the PLR file? If so I have no problems driving out of the pits at Mills (I haven't got Estoril or PBI in ModDev atm). No idea what material is used for the garage floor but if it's rdcp as mianiak says then it appears to be defined (and has grip) in the TDF.

5. Marek Lesniak

Yes, I mean that option in the PLR. Have you changed anything in Mills files for the Dev Mode?

6. MJP

MJP Registered

Nope. no editing of any files, also just put Estoril in and no problems getting out of garage there either.

7. Marek Lesniak

Hmm, weird... will check with different cars and report back.

8. Marek Lesniak

Finally, figured out what was wrong. Yep, it was my fault :)
    In my tbc files, I had WetLatLong set to 0 (as it wasn't needed in rF 1 anyway). For some reason, it looks like rF 2 need that even in 100% dry conditions.