Some shaders missing? - Cockpit view

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ShuffleInc, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ShuffleInc

ShuffleInc Registered

Hello everyone,

I recently installed rF2 and noticed that cockpit graphics look a bit different than in some of the videos I watched from previous builds.
    I have all settings (that I know of) are maxed out on my PC:
    Capture.PNG Screenshot (51).png Screenshot (52).png

Here are screenshots from cockpit view of AMG GT3 from random videos:
    Screenshot (54).png Screenshot (55).png
    There is a bit of glare notice-able from the blue rev bar.
    Both of those videos are more than a few months old, so the difference in visuals could be due to some kind of change in build.

Here is how it looks like on my PC:
    365960_20190224105533_1.png

Here it looks like some shaders are missing compared to screenshots above. It kind of looks like DirectX9 mode. Also colors look more washed up when comparing to shots above.

I tried removing files from "CBash" and "Shaders" folders and running launcher and rfactor2.exe in admin mode, but none of this helped.

Is there maybe some option in the settings that I missed?

Thanks in advance.

2. ShuffleInc

ShuffleInc Registered

Update:
    I tried removing player.JSON and Config_DX11.ini files so that new files are generated on next startup.

After setting up all the options again, it still doesn't show any post processing effects (e.g. no display glare or sun glare).

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The PP effects are, I've read, more noticeable on replays. As far as sun glare and other effects, those probably are generated by the track shaders more than the car and I don't think any track yet has received the new shaders. One user noted the cockpits of the new DLC cars seem overly dark. He lightened the interior and much more detail popped out. (don't ask me how cuz I dunno )
    Any response by S397 will first ask for you to test with just the default cars, no skins even, and default S397 tracks. The ones generally mentioned are Silverstone & Nola. (it looks like you've done that with the exception of the bathurst photo but I'm just adding that in.) Time of day may also have something to do with this. Keep adjusting the time you drive, early morning, mid day, afternoon, LATE afternoon. I think that glare on the blue bar is just that...a little overly bright bloom rather than the sun reflecting & brightening it up. Best of Luck!

4. ShuffleInc

ShuffleInc Registered

Thanks for responding.

On your suggestions I tried replay with full fidelity turned on. There is still no visible glare or any noticeable PP effect.
    Also tried 60x time acceleration and the glare is not visible at any time of the day.

I was testing with AMG GT3 because on this car the effect should be most apparent and also I have references from other players (mostly youtube videos) on how this effect is expected to look like.
    The first 2 pictures on the original post are actually screenshots from these videos.
    Third picture on the original post is from my PC and shows that these PP effects are missing for some reason.

I have tried many stock and some modded tracks with this car, and saddly in-car PP effects are missing on all of them, so it looks like this is not the cause for the missing display glare.