NEED INFO Some packages do not install

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by HoneyBadger, Oct 27, 2013.

1. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Registered

Installed rF2 and all the car and track packages from the ISI web site and activated the game. Some cars and tracks are missing in game. I don't know if it's relavent, but the "rFactor2\UserData" folder is empty.

Thanks in advance.

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Some cars and tracks or all? I guess you know you have to install the cars and tracks from the mod manager? (sorry, I had to ask)
    You dont have a any files in the Userdata folder, no config.ini or controller files?
    Sounds as though you haven't fully set up the game yet.

If you haven't at least set up your wheel yet in the options screen then you will not have much in the userdata folder.
    If you have already set stuff up and save wheel settings in a profile, then maybe the game has a bad install.

3. SVO

SVO Registered

You might want to look in your Documents/rFactor2/Userdata folder. My last install leaves the core userdata folder empty, and puts them in the documents. rFactor asks where to do this when you install.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You aren't storing userdata there. You're storing it where you told the installer to put 'data' when installing.

Regarding missing cars and tracks in game, where in game? in the mod manager? Or in the in-sim UI after you have installed them via mod manager?