some of my ASR cars became bugged (wtf)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by momoracer, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I noticed the 91 cars as well as 95 cars and maybe others, have become bugged. When I load them, they are a like shaking a bit, then the guy that tells you where the direction to go is stays quiet, the car motor also doesn't start, it takes like 10 seconds, eventually the car starts but when you accelerate everything is like in slow motion. Something went very wrong. It's weird because I was playing all these cars just fine yesterday.. wtf.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the cars and same happens.

[​IMG]

The guy stays there quiet, the car is bouncing around, then after 10 seconds motor starts, and i accelerate, rpms go up but car barely moves, when i move the wheel it feels low fps'ish... its a really weird glitch.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Does it happen at all tracks, or just that one? I've seen the bounce around thing if the pit spawn is slightly below the surface. But not sure on the other things. Just want to see if it would be a track issue instead of a car issue

3. momoracer

momoracer Registered

car acts weird on all tracks

and I remember playing with the 1991 mp4 on 1988 monaco and it worked fine, now it just doesnt, I dont know what the hell happened.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Would mean it’s not so much a mod issue if it has worked and not now but ,your system ld guess?

5. momoracer

momoracer Registered

i havent changed my hardware so it shouldn't matter, other cars work just fine on these tracks too

anyway

cpu: q6600 g0
    gpu: MSI 7850 twin frozr
    psu: Enermax 720W
    mobo: gigabyte ga x38dq6
    ram: 7GB DDR2

old yes, but works smooth on tracks that don't suck due bad optimization. 1988 tracks for example are really smooth. this is an issue with certain cars only that became bugged. maybe i installed something that glitched the existing ASR cars? like the 92 ASR track pack not being compatible with existing ASR cars? but i doubt it since the years are separated in different folder so i doubt anythning became overwritted... werid

6. momoracer

momoracer Registered

This is nonsense. I managed to get out of the pit in spa and i realized there's like less gravity for the car, it's like it's in slow motion all the time, this is so bugged.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Your running out of real-time , your issue

8. momoracer

momoracer Registered

I reinstalled rfactor 2 and same happens. It wasnt a full reinstall it seems tho... it had the same custom settings I used. How do I fully reset everything? i should have deleted the entire folder before reinstalling I guess.
    This makes no sense in any case, it was jorking just fine yesterday.

Makes no sense if it was working fine yesterday. Also is just with these couple ASR cars, rest work fine.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

It can be any change in your system causing it, it doesn't necessarily have to be rF2. Intel and Windows just rolled out new updates to fix the Meltdown and Spectre security holes, which will affect CPU performance to some extent. Older CPU's are more affected by this issue and your CPU is over 10 years old. Also mods are often much more CPU consuming than standard S397 content for unknown reasons.

bwana likes this.
  10. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Oh well. Guess I will not play again until like 2020 when i buy a new PC.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't know if you realize but the problem seems to be in your end. Nobody else is suffering it. Instead of losing patience so easily, think before acting. How do you expect ASR team will like to see (wtf) in a thread title. I wouldn't even have bothered answering in it. Some respect, especially when the problem I repeat seems to be in your end. If you are unable to play until 2020 is because of you. Don't blame the world.

12. Magus

Magus Registered

I came across this yesterday with the f1 mod with the new driver model. I was driving Alain Prost's Ferrari at Silverstone and engine kept starting and switching off. Did this a number of times until I finally managed to get it into gear only to be presented with a stutter fest. Not sure what caused it but haven't tried it again. I have tried their GP2 mod and not had that problem. I might uninstall the mod re-download it again and see of that helps. What other cars are you having this issue with?

13. momoracer

momoracer Registered

The only 2 cars that give me problem are ASR 91 and ASR 95, the rest of ASR and the rest of any other cars work fine, and both 91 and 95 worked fine a couple days ago. Reinstalling them and redownloading them didn't work... weird.

14. PedroDIY

PedroDIY Registered

Same problem here with same cars, all shake and move like in a rallenty.
    It happened with 1991 and 1995 asr.

What you mean with you are running it out af real time, i've set time scale to normal if it's what u mean but didn't worked.
    1996 cars had no prob by me.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Out of realtime means your CPU isn't keeping up and the game goes into slow motion. Ctrl-C normally shows the horizontal purple bar only partway to the right, but when this happens it reaches the right edge and the histogram below it starts bouncing around all over the place (indicating physics frames are taking longer to calculate).

16. PedroDIY

PedroDIY Registered

Tks for the explain, i have a i7 3770k and 16 giga ram with asus 980ti and all other mods works fine.
    It's a pity to be unable to use those fantastic cars.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh, it's definitely something somewhere not working right, not necessarily an indication that your CPU isn't good enough :cool:

18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I have the same problem. Only on F1 1988 tracks... somehow only on those tracks my cpu gets fully loaded. I believe it has to do with the new lighting system and the tracks not updated to it.

I can't think of anything else really...

19. momoracer

momoracer Registered

With all cars??

The F1 1988 tracks are so smooth in FPS to me compared to other tracks which are a mess because they have too many polygons, like the F1 2013 pack or the AC conversion of Spa.

All of my cars work fine on any tracks (as in now slow-motion glitched even if lower fps on these tracks). The ONLY 2 cars giving me these problems are ASR 91 and 95... the mp4/6 is my favorite F1 car so this is insanely bad luck, and it used to work fine, but like 2 days ago it doesn't, this is puzzling, im even considering formating my entire computer and reinstalling the OS... geez.

20. momoracer

momoracer Registered

This is an rfactor poltergeist. I do not believe the meltdown and spectre updates incidentally bugged my 2 favorite cars.