Some kind of rendering error

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ndunnett, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ndunnett

ndunnett Registered

Whenever I try to view a car in the showroom, or start a session with any car at any track I get these errors:

View attachment 1805 View attachment 1806

I have successfully run builds 48 and 60 on another machine, but did a fresh install of build 69 on my own computer and only installed ISI mods (Meganes and FR to be specific). I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with an ATI Radeon X1550 card, could my old card be the issue?

I have tried reinstalling rFactor and restarting my computer, and updating Windows and DX, already have the latest GFX card drivers.

2. ndunnett

ndunnett Registered

Guess I'll get a refund and stick to iRacing then.

3. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I got the same error. Before the build 68-69 I had no problem. But now I got the message with the folder name where is the textures. And the problem is the BMP file with the WCCARBODY material but I used DDS format not BMP.
    View attachment 1853

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  4. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I tried now to export my car in max 2010 and max 2012 and the same problem. I built in max 2012, but i thought i try to export in 2010, but i got the same error. What is very intresting, the file size. When i export from max 2012, the "parts" size is 713 Kb, and when i export the same parts in max 2010, the file size is 1,718 Kb so it's more than 2 times bigger. I don't understand why bigger the same parts in the two system. Before i never had the same problem, and my older cars still working now and working before, after i uninstall the whole rF2, and reinstall, and updated to the build 60, and try my new and my old mods, with the old one no problem, but with the new still has the problem.

5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I found why was bigger the max 2010 file. With the build 60 CoreShaders.MAS the parts is 713 Kb and with the build 69 the size is 1,718 Kb. But i want to find the material error problem, but i can't, because no problem in the max, i think the problem somewhere in the max plugins or the coreshaders.

6. ndunnett

ndunnett Registered

TBH I think it's a little piss poor that I haven't had any sort of reply from staff. I can't play the beta I payed for and I can't get a refund either, I purchased it in January so my 2 months has passed.

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

8. ndunnett

ndunnett Registered

Not yet but I am going to get a new one anyway. I'll check back in when I do, thanks for your reply. :)

9. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Have you updated your max plugins and coreshader.mas to the ones from the latest build?

10. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, i updated both. Now i found a solution, what is interesting. When i moved the texture maps folder and rename it, and after change the source destination in max, it's working fine. I don't understand this, but now working.