Some changes that may help G25/G27 rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

Same here with my G25. The rattling is very violent.

Maybe this is a way to be scared going of the track. But unfortunately it starts already when going over the curbs.

This issue must be high up on the priority list. I can barely dare to go around track at race speed.

2. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

I had to nake the first post tweak + enable centering spring....by default it`s like zero. Now more-or-less ok.

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

yup had that too...in may case it was FFB strength issue. i think i lowered the strength for the centering spring to get it sorted out...

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

You should not really be using centering spring on a decent FFB wheel as having centering spring on will just add noise to the ffb and reduce the quality of the feel.

Of course if you happen to like having it on obvously have it on , but from an objective view point centering spring will be a detriment to the intended feel of most decent sims with any half decent ffb wheel.

5. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Registered

It would be good that the people who created the ini files (controller) explain the lines for fine tunning.

Steering effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Steering torque filter="4" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="0.76000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.45000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="0.10000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="0.10000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.10000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.00000" // How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    Rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    Rumble strip pull factor="1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    Rumble strip update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    Jolt magnitude="1.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

thank you

6. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Im still looking at settings, but nothing much seems to help with this.....

7. Boyd

Boyd Registered

Agreed Jose, I'm sure there will be some form of documentation along the way.

I would also like to ask about the settings to be found in both the controller.ini file as well as the actual controllers ini file, for example G25.ini in the Controllers folder. Which should be changed to produce an effect, or should they both be changed? I don't understand why there are 2 ini's with similar settings.
    I think rf1 was similar ... but since I never really mucked around with them I wouldn't know which is what or why.

8. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I have changed my mind, the grass bumps are good. The problem must be wheel driver or something...it is only the rumble if you go slow off the track the feeling is nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Ok I found the settings that are just about perfect for my G27. Your mileage may vary.

Saved Controller Profile and Controller.ini:
    Steering effects strength = 7000
    Steering torque filter = 8
    Jolt magnitude = 1.00000

In-game:
    FFB = 1.0

Profiler:
    Overall Effects = 100%
    Spring Effect = 5%
    Damper Effect = 10%
    Center Spring = 0% (box checked)
    Degrees of Rotation = 900
    Allow Game to Adjust Settings = box checked

By lowering the steering effects strength, but raising the in-game FFB, you still get all the feeling of the road, but the curbs and off-track are now acceptable. At least for me they are.

10. StopPt

StopPt Registered

as soon as i get home (in about 9 hours :S) i'll try this on my g27

11. iCErAINCTV

iCErAINCTV Registered

Will also test on my G25...
    @buddha please edit this in your 1st post, else it will not be read if we got another 100 sites in this thread:)

EDIT:
    i don't have
    Jolt magnitude = 1.00000
    is this G27 only?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  12. joedeath332

joedeath332 Registered

Is this still an issue with the latest beta or do you still have to change the ini files, as i have just ordered a G27

13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

ISI took care about it - playable now rattling is ok but some guys stillchange parameters.

14. Kinsman

Kinsman Registered

Today I spent most of the day re-configuring rFactor 2's force feedback setup.

I think I've found a good compromise between feeling how the car handles and having your wheel explode or your arms ripped out.

I made two files:

KINSMAN'S FEEL THE FORCE (C) Feedback Settings for G25/G27 - LIGHT
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g9h5b0ecdphqafq

KINSMAN'S FEEL THE FORCE (C) Feedback Settings for G25/G27 - MEDIUM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?r6y5o8ye3z0bylx

Now I'm not going to FORCE FEEDBACK (excuse the pun) but of course I would appreciate some if anyone has anything to add/offer.

Please note that each file requires a different recommended in-game force feedback setting to work as desired.

Good luck with it and I hope it works well for you.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If your solution works, people will point to it. You posting it everywhere, multiple threads, seems more like SPAM. Please don't do that. I actually think you making a NEW thread would have been better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.